CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Intake manifold gasket replacement

I finally found an all trac for sale. Im picking it up next friday. Guy im buying it from (22 years of mechanic work) says there is a small vacuum leak coming from the intake manifold gasket. Will I have to take of the head to remove the manifold or can i manage to fit a wrench back between the firewall and motor????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can do the manifold without pulling the head, it's just a bit of a pain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

if it's anything like the 5s, loosen the front and rear motor mounts and wiggle the engine towards the front. Gives a little bit more room.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

Alright thanks. Does a 3sge make a difference?

if you are getting an ST185 all-Trac then the engine will not pivot because of the transfer case and drive shaft. changing the IM gasket will not be an easy job. If it were me, i would pull the engine and do a rebuild on it. new rings, new bearings, new gaskets.
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

It's all rebuilt already. Except for the intake gaskit. It blew after the rebuild which was 9k miles ago

And my question was supposed to be. Does switching to the 3sge manifold make much of a difference other than just changing the location of your intercooler piping

Thread Information