CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Ava

Default Project Ava

This is Ava everyone.
    ok well i thought it was time i made a little build thread to keep track of the progress of my celica.
    * * Story behind it is my uncle bought it brand new way back in 1991. He lives over in Victoria so he did a lot of back and forth driving from the island to where the rest of the family lives, in Vancouver. As a kid i always thought that he had the coolest car ever!! The sleek look and styling of the Celica just amazed me.
    * * Fast forward to when i was 15, almost 16 and looking at getting a vehicle. I was actually tossing back and forth between my dads old ford pickup, rusted around the wheel wells, but wanted to slam and make into a lowrider but i thought the truck was way past its prime or a civic hatchback *:.
    * * So having another uncle who works at a car dealership he "advised" my mom that civics were just tin cans and that i shouldnt get one. haha and my mom listened to him... crappy part was i found someone selling a 300hp turboed civic. (probably would have just bought some one elses headache) oh well im glad i didn't get it because suddenly my uncle decided he was going to get rid of his celica.
    * * *Went to the dealership and they offered him $3500 for it. I told him I'd give him the $3500. Before you know it , its all mine... ALL MINE!!! haha here are pics of when i first got it.

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 03:35 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Ava
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

next i added a can exhaust (which my mom hated)

then came rims (american racing)

followed by a new sound system

out with the old stock deck

in with the new flip out sony deck (still one of the coolest decks I think)

added 2 10" sony explodes but soon wasn't good enough... i wanted more! Out they come. In goes 2 12" concepts (stupid crazy good deal on them)
    Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Project Ava

I wanted more performance out of the celica so i decided on cross drilled rotors and Megan Racing lowering springs

First engine mod was a short ram

Then i went with a race header, and a CAI (so much room in the engine when it was still NA)

Up next was the exterior. The paint was fading badly so i decided to get it painted. Then i thought if its getting painted i should get a body kit too! install pics
    (Invader Kit)

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Project Ava

Install and Paint done!

Tinted all around... for a little bit....

Apparently cops here in BC don't like front tint, so off it comes. Looked good while it lasted..

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Project Ava

Turbo Time!

heres a engine shot

Turbo cruisin

interior
    Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Project Ava

Well i had so much heatsoak i needed to get more hot air out and cool air in. Oddly enough someone in town was doing a RC conversion to his all trac so he contacted me to see if i wanted his hood. $100 and it was all mine!

Primered after it was taken down to the metal.

Installed

I then wanted to get lower, and my Megans had way too much bounce for me, so I found a set of sleeve over coil overs. Dropped on the coils

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Project Ava

RC bumper is up next. Took a day to prime/paint but it came out pretty good i think.

Old invader front bumper and voila~!

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Project Ava

installed just in time for Ogopogo

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Project Ava

Night Shoot

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Project Ava

new pics from the ogopogo . (thanks GT4RC for the top 3 pics )

]

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Project Ava

heres a vid. clip

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 08-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Project Ava

Parts list

Audio
    Kenwood KDC-BT852HD Deck
    Kenwood Excelon KAC-X520 1000W amp
    12" Concept Subs (X2)
    Bassworks Box

Electronics
    Greddy Emanage Ultimate w/complete wire harness
    BCU+ electronic boost controller
    Tachometer
    oil pressure gauge
    oil temperature gauge
    water temperature gauge

Engine
    2bar map senor
    NGK Spark Plug Wires
    NGK bkr7e Plugs
    FMIC - 27" x 6" x 2.5"
    315cc N/A Supra Fuel injectors
    Oil Filter Relocation Kit
    Turbo: T3/T4 - .63 A/R Turbine, .50 A/R
    Chrome top wastegate (9lbs. spring) with Custom Dump Tube
    XS Power 3S-GTE Exhaust manifold
    SSQV BOV
    Custom Stainless Steel Downpipe
    Vision Racing N1-F Exhaust with custom 2.5" downpipe back exhaust
    Custom CAI off of the turbo
    K&N Cone Filter
    Flex-a-Lite 12" Pusher Fan
    Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
    AutoPWR Aluminum Radiator

Exterior
    Konig Lace 15's Wheels
    Yokohama S.Drive 205/50/15 Tires
    Cross Drilled Rotors
    Sleeve Coil Overs
    JDM All-Trac Corner Lights
    Clear Turn Signals
    20% rear tint
    8000k H4 HID conversion kit
    All-Trac Hood
    JDM CS/RC Front Bumper
    Invader Side Skirts
    Invader Rear Bumper
    Rev. 2 tail lights

Interior
    Sparco Steering Wheel (L575)
    Greddy Weighted Shift Knob
    Redline goods black leather shift bood
    Black Spacermesh coverking seat covers
    Lloyd mats floor mats
    Reverse Glow Gauges

A huge thanks to RG - Racing Greed for making my 5sfte come to life!
    http://www.racinggreed.com/
    Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 04-19-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Project Ava

st215 gen.4 3sgte Parts list

Audio
    Kenwood KDC-BT852HD Deck
    Kenwood Excelon KAC-X520 1000W amp
    12" Concept Subs (X2)
    Bassworks Box

st 215 Engine (96,000km) (installed @ 199,090km)
    -TCS Motorsports Gen4 3SGTE 3" Downpipe
    -Lighweight Flywheel - XTR
    -South Bend Stage 2 DAILY Clutch Kit hybrid
    -HKS SSQV 4 BOV
    -caldina auto ecu
    -Wire harness done by ChrisD and Funkycheeze
    -Denso 540CC fuel injectors (part #297-0042)
    -Magnaflow muffler with custom 3" downpipe back exhaust w/ vibrant ultra quiet resonator (fabricated and installed by Four Function)
    -K&N Cone Filter
    -Flex-a-Lite 12" Pusher Fan
    -Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
    -AutoPWR Aluminum Radiator
    -Turbosmart Manual Boost Controller
    -MSD tach. adapter

(full tune up and reseal done. All parts ordered from Prime)

-Pressure Plate Bolts
    -Flywheel bolts - 3SGTE
    -Valve Cover allen bolt kit
    -CT15 turbocharger outlet gasket
    -3SGTE toyota oil filter
    -Toyota FIPG - gasket maker
    -Timing Belt Cover - Upper
    -Gen4 HFH and HFHOE
    -Rear Crankshaft seal retainer housing gasket
    -Crankshaft seal - Front
    -Camshaft seals - Gen4
    -Crankshaft seal rear
    -3" exhaust gasket - 3-bolt
    -PCV grommet
    -Valve cover gaskets
    -Water pump and gasket
    -Timing belt
    -Timing belt tensioner
    -Thermostat and gasket
    -NGK BKR7E Spark plugs
    -Lower timing idler
    -Oil pump o-ring and seal
    -Lower left exhaust manifold stud replaced + manifold gasket replaced

Exterior
    Konig Lace 15's Wheels
    Yokohama S.Drive 205/50/15 Tires
    Cross Drilled Rotors
    Sleeve Coil Overs
    JDM All-Trac Corner Lights
    Clear Turn Signals
    20% rear tint
    8000k H4 HID conversion kit
    All-Trac Hood
    JDM CS/RC Front Bumper
    Invader Side Skirts
    Invader Rear Bumper
    Rev. 2 tail lights

Interior
    Sparco Steering Wheel (L575)
    Greddy Weighted Shift Knob
    Redline goods black leather shift bood
    Black Spacermesh coverking seat covers
    Lloyd mats floor mats
    Reverse Glow Gauges
    Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Project Ava

i think the next thing i do is replace the hatch struts. Got a better pair from pick n pull

Project Ava

Okay Jon, I think I am changing my plans. I will go to Ogopogo next year with the express intentions to steal your front bumper.... now if only I could steal the paint job.

-Terracar

lol you can look but no stealing

Project Ava

Okay Jon, I think I am changing my plans. I will go to Ogopogo next year with the express intentions to steal your front bumper.... now if only I could steal the paint job.
    u could try melting the paint off and catching it in a bucket, lol, nice build pinto
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Quote Originally Posted by grimmythereaper View Post
    u could try melting the paint off and catching it in a bucket, lol, nice build pinto
    hahaha no trying to melt it off and thanks

Project Ava

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

nice work man! I've never seen the interior before, what seats are those?

RC bumper + red = one of the greatest front ends ever designed.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    nice work man! I've never seen the interior before, what seats are those?

RC bumper + red = one of the greatest front ends ever designed.
    thanks haha just the stock seats w/ a neoprene seat cover. I would eventually like to get them re upholstered.

Project Ava

first start up of the year. God i miss the sound of this engine. quick clip, crappy iphone video

Project Ava

Nice sound man!!!

CAR Magazine January 1988 - "The celica happens to be about the best handling FWD car you can buy!"

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

Damn, exhaust sounds great.

How's that Kelownafornia weather?
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

thanks

lol weather has been a little cold, not Alberta cold, but cold enough for me. haha should be sunny for the next week or so, planning on doing a little photo shoot of my new truck tomorrow.

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Project Ava

so i removed some old red LED light strips i had in the trunk and in the process of removing the wiring i broke the last clip i had holding in the passenger door sill. lol Damnit!

well i finally got around to polishing my car , after wanting to do it since last fall.
    Gave her a wash, polish, sealant and wax. I think she turned out pretty good

Full shot

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 07-23-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Project Ava

Thread Information