CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New owner of a 88 st 165 all trac

Hi all, I purchased a red 88 alltrac last week here in vegas non running condition. just want to let you guys know that i've read and learned alot already about the car and had it fire up since last night just by reading all from your past post and discussions. Would post pictures of the car as soon i can get it out the garage and have a wash. cheers

Another AWD owner! yay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Welcome!

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Welcome aboard. Glad another 165 is getting another chance at life.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

congrats and welcome
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Congrats and welcome! There's a lot of good folks and info here and we're doing our best to make it better.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Good to see another st165 owner, check out my build.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...ild&highlight=

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Thanks all for the welcome. When I saw her on craigslist owner stated that the car died and coolant came gushing out on his description of the car. I figured worst come to worst a new engine could be sourced from venus auto so I went ahead and checked the car on the owners house. When i saw her she had almost perfect paint that seems original red except for the faded plastic body moldings which was a no biggie. Took the battery out of my car and tried to start it, just cranks but no start and just like the owner said coolant started gushing out between the firewall and the motor. I was stubborn and eventually got a good deal for her and towed her home the same day. I just left her alone for a few days with the occasional peek here and there while out smoking in the garage and trying to apply all that I've read from you guys and the bgb. I tested the efi relay, fuel pump with the diagnostic port per bgb which started running. I finally checked the fuel pump relay which came out good but saw a wire that I thought wasnt supposed to be there. I guess the previous owner before the guy i bought her from install a kill switch for the fuel pump and never bothered to tell the other guy when they sold her. got rid of the switch and prayed a little and cranked her up. 3 cranks and fired right up which made me really happy. Now just to find where that busted hose is located. cheers

Good deal and welcome!

When inspecting cars out west, I aways look for the kill switch. Simple anti-theft measure. Great catch!

Congrats. Nice save and it glad it runs. I would almost put money on the hose from hell (it is behind the turbo) for the busted hose.

-Terracar

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terracar View Post
    Congrats. Nice save and it glad it runs. I would almost put money on the hose from hell (it is behind the turbo) for the busted hose.

-Terracar
    HFH is behind exhaust manifold. Heater core lines come to mind offhand that are back there and would piss like that

Sent from my iPhail
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Congrats and welcome!

Probably HFH, but on the 165 engine it's a bit different and less of a PITA.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Finally gonna get a day off from work tomorrow so would try look for that hose thats busted. I think I have alot of restoring to do because the more I smoke outside and look at the car the more work I find. Few T connectors look like home plumbing connectors, auxiliary fan wired up with a toggle switch bypassing the coolant temperature sensor. Intercooler sensor not plugged in the harness and few others. More reading and smoking to come i guess. cheers

Sweet I gotta say I love my 165 needs work but glad I got it because I already got props on it. Happy to see another owner happy about there alltrac. Welcome to the site.
    ST-184.. 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S(Sold)
    ST-165.. 1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac(Project/weekender)
    ............ 1995 Acura Integra LS(Daily Driver)

Pics or ban!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Sorry for no pics as of yet but i will as soon as i get a chance. been working on my 85 gze mr2 rather than the celica cause autocross is this sunday.

sounds like fun, i have a friend on here with a cool aw11 build http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...W11&highlight=.
    ST165

Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

Congrats and rock on!

thanks for the link. read the whole 10 pages and kinda excited to see his progress. would love to get that motor in my 87 corolla when the 4ac craps out.

ya, he is getting pretty close. He is just waiting on the wiring.
    ST165

Quote Originally Posted by BurnyD Jr View Post
    HFH is behind exhaust manifold. Heater core lines come to mind offhand that are back there and would piss like that

Sent from my iPhail
    Ahh yes good point, I overlooked that he mentioned the location. Yeah possible heater hose or maybe intercooler hose? (I am not familiar with the ST165, so I may be way off)

-Terracar

So lucky to have found one still running (even though it didnt start). Best of luck with it!

Thread Information