CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

Default 88 celica in dash climate control console heater problem

So my heater slider on the dash control console didn't work at all so I tried a re-solder procedure I found around the net and it works a little better, as in the system makes noise and moves now but just a little bit. Not enough to make the system work properly. Is there anyone here who fixes these or does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one? Toyota doesn't sell them anymore. thanks

I don't know of a good source for a replacement unfortunately. I'm sure you know about it but just in case.. you CAN operate it manually in the meantime. Just reach in from the passenger side under the dash area on the console and move the arm to open/close the door. It's a pain but it works. Others have even installed a cable operated lever so that you can move it manually from closer to the steering wheel while driving.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    I don't know of a good source for a replacement unfortunately. I'm sure you know about it but just in case.. you CAN operate it manually in the meantime. Just reach in from the passenger side under the dash area on the console and move the arm to open/close the door. It's a pain but it works. Others have even installed a cable operated lever so that you can move it manually from closer to the steering wheel while driving.
    Speaks the troof.

Best bet is to hit up a junkyard to find one.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

Did the junk yard thing but it didn't work. I had a buddy of mine who works on small electronics re solder the whole thing and it works beautifully!

Thread Information