CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default '81 Celica Liftback Project 56K warning

The car was a gift from my grandpa. It's in relatively good condition and has only done 90k km's.

Hopefully this thread will be a nice way to keep track of everything i'd done to it.

I am incredibly new to the whole car thing. I'm due to get my p's in two months at the max.

I would post some pics, but apparently i have to be a member for 7 days first -.-

Pics soon to come!

Inside wise it needs new carpet, reupholstered seats, and the plastic bits could use a splash of paint.

Running wise there is a fairly long list that i am aware of so far:
    Engine orientated:
    • Vacuum leaks from intake manifold
    • Engine oil leaks
    • Misiring at idle/startup
    • Front brake hose split

Steering/Suspension:
    • steering box requies adjusting
    • Front and rear shocks leak
    • Inner tie rod ends worn
    • lower inner control arm bushes worn
    • Pitman arm worn

Misc:
    • Drivers seat broken
    • radio aerial
    • Battery failed load test
    • W/screen wiper leaks at t hub
    • Plastic covers at the base of the boot and that cover the latch are broken

And what i've done so far:
    • Replaced all spark plugs
    • replaced most bulbs
    • Replaced radiator cap

I'm planning on getting the car down to a mechanic this week for a further inspection and a quote.

If anybody has any thoughts/comments/suggestions please feel free to comment or contact me
    Last edited by MorgzMods; 09-13-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Mechanic is gonna rape you for all that stuff. Start learning! If you do it all yourself, we can help!
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doowstados View Post
    Mechanic is gonna rape you for all that stuff. Start learning! If you do it all yourself, we can help!
    +1

You have us as a resource. Use the search, or donate a little $$ and get access to factory repair manuals. The wealth of information here is amazing.

thanks for the encouragement guys

i've also made a thread in the toymods 'Forum member rides' so it seems there is a pretty big number of people that have a solid understanding of what they're doing to help me out.
    If you want to locate it, my username is also MorgzMods

I know it must sound silly, but what's the best way to go about degreasing my engine? Can it be done in my driveway? i've read somewhere that you're supposed to catch the runoff and dispose of it in a manner other than tipping it down a drain.

Thread Information