CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

what are you using for the head, I've skimmed through your thread and I only see mentions of the 4th gen block. Are you also using the 4th gen head with individual coils?
    95 Convertible Celica GT powered by JDM Gen III 3sgte, built internals, Audi 1.8t individual coils, and Autronic SM4
    build videos on
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Im using a gen 3 head, notice the manifold and valve cover

Im not using OEM coils. I decided on GMC LQ9 Truck coils. They are an OEM e85 coil with a hotter and more powerful spark than even the ls1 and ls2 coils. They peak at 120mA at 5ms of dwell... try that with your silly 1zz COP's...

i can't believe more people haven't posted on this. I'm a 6g guy, and with all of the talk about the differences between 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and 5th gen, this one does a great job of showing what's up. Nice work man.

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet1490 View Post
    i can't believe more people haven't posted on this. I'm a 6g guy, and with all of the talk about the differences between 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and 5th gen, this one does a great job of showing what's up. Nice work man.
    ^Thanks man!

Here are a few updates and pictures

Intercooler plopped on top...

By alochow at 2011-12-02

Images

Here is a small project I have been working on... If you can tell me what it is and what its for before I tell you all, Ill give you one if you want. Its easier to make a bunch of em at once, so when I do, Ill be selling em. And I know lots of you will be wanting them. My hint is that it solves a very bothersome problem for a very common modification. This one is just the prototype, and its not soldered up yet, but the actual will look much prettier

By alochow at 2011-12-03

By alochow at 2011-12-03

By alochow at 2011-12-03

Images

Oh... also my new oil cap came in last night... this thing could not have been more perfect...

By alochow at 2011-12-03

You know, you're going to have to show me your fancy engine work on the drive through KC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images

shoot, whens that happening??? I wanna go next year.

Might be in February. I have a couple things pending.

Sent via Imperial Comlink

Images

Ok, so vip09 guessed that circuit correctly. He is getting a free one

Its a PWM output for controlling LED dimming. I plan on converting all my gauge cluster lights to LED, and that little guy will send pulsewidths to the LEDs, kind of like fuel injectors

Images

So I have been contemplating what to do with my transmission for a long time, and now that my clutch has come in the mail, its about that time to start on the trans...

I bought a sand blaster to clean up the tranny and prep it for paint. For those of you considering going this route, I highly suggest getting a line dryer installed on your compressor... I turned my first batch of sand into mud...

Anyways here are some pictures...

By alochow at 2011-12-08

By alochow at 2011-12-08

Images

After blasting up the tranny, I noticed this little crack. Lucky for me I have a friend who welds who owes me a few favors

By alochow at 2011-12-08

By alochow at 2011-12-08

By alochow at 2011-12-08

Images

Also had these turbo drain lines welded up I must say Josh is getting really good at this stuff! He said he would give me a few pointers and teach me how to weld too.

By alochow at 2011-12-08

By alochow at 2011-12-08

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Looks good! I can't find that piece on the gen3/4 oil pan for the turbo oil drain anywhere. I"ve bought a gen3 oil pan setup and also a gen4 oil pan setup, neither came with the drain piece.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Images

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

You are awesome! Thanks man. Too bad they charge $13 to ship that tiny aluminum flange.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Images

give em a call, maybe they can work something out with u... Ive talked to the guys up at koracing before they are pretty legit.

Images

Here are the more legitimate dimmer boards, This process does create a bit of waste, so only 2 of these boards are viable...

By alochow at 2011-12-19

Images

Its been a bit... Sorry no updates...

Here are a few things I did...

I finished my turbo oil drain:

By alochow at 2012-01-09

Got an appropriately sized feed line:

By alochow at 2012-01-09

Also drilled and tapped holes in my valve cover so I could clean out the sand blasting media...

By alochow at 2012-01-09

By alochow at 2012-01-09

By alochow at 2012-01-09

I also had a nice little visit on my way back from Houston with the guys from ATS racing Totally wished I lived in Texas so I could be closer to all the action.

By alochow at 2012-01-09

Images

My buddy Josh got me this sweet pan evac tube for my dump pipe, and welded it in for me! Im really anxious to see how well this thing draws vacuum!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So the tube creates a venturi effect, drawing crankcase fumes out or just the exhaust from the wastegate? Welds look nice.
    '92 ST185 All trac
    '92 AE95 wagon x2
    '72 TE27

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bleST View Post
    So the tube creates a venturi effect, drawing crankcase fumes out or just the exhaust from the wastegate? Welds look nice.
    You attach a check valve to it, it creates a vacuum, and sucks any crank case gasses through your exhaust instead of through your intake. The wastegate is separate, and has its own screamer pipe, its just not attached in the picture.

Images

So i knocked out some more important stuff with the wiring harness tonight... Ive been needing to figure out what all the wires in the IG1 and IG2 connectors were because I am going to make an attempt to make everything run with stock functionality using my standalone.

anyways... here is some of the carnage that kept me up too late...

By alochow at 2012-01-23

By alochow at 2012-01-23

Images

I admire your work! What would it take to get a copy of the visio file for your wiring? I have Haltech PS1000 + J&S also. Do you know if Haltech is going to support Flex Fuel on these?

Images

Decided against that cheap firewall connector and I got myself a legitimate Deutsch one from wirecare.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thread Information