CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

Default ATS GM Knock Sensor

Will your GM knock sensor kit work on a gen4 3sgte?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yes, it should. Depending on what connector comes on that kit though, you may have to cut it and get the newer style knock connector plug thingamajig on it unless you plan on using the vamp connector it tells you to. I wouldn't run it though. I had one on my MR2 and while it didn't throw a CEL, it seemed to pull a little bit of timing all of the time. I switched back to a stock one and couldn't have been happier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Mine still makes me jump when it clicks on if I'm not expecting it. (But then again, I'm a little girl).

Images

Well i have two knock sensors they both must be bad. I have changed the wire, the plug that goes into the ecu and the ecu, still have a check engine light. I really don't know were to start finding an oem one.

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Knock sensor tuning is determined by bore/stroke of the engine, not material or number of cylinders. All 3SGTEs are the same.

Theres a guy over at mr2oc names CJMR2T you can hit up, he has knock sensors and pigtails for sale for like 30 bucks shipped. Thats the way Id go with it. 90 percent of the time with a code 52 either its your sensor, or the shielded part of the wire that gets damaged. Run a new wire, ground it either at the block side, or at the ECU side, make your connections pretty and it will most likely go away.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

I sent him a message hope he can hook me up. I pulled my other knock sensor from my other engine that i ran for a year with no issues. So figured it had to be wireing. But i ran a good wire from my spare harness still nothing. I guess the sensor must have gotten damged when i removed the engine. I just really want this fixed its frustrating, im considering parting the car out.

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Me and Luni had to rewire the knock sensor wire from the ECU to the sensor on my(now his) MR2 like 3 times before it finally worked. I don't think we got the shielding far enough down the first 2 times.

Mine still makes me jump when it clicks on if I'm not expecting it. (But then again, I'm a little girl).

Quote Originally Posted by Tecker184 View Post
    I sent him a message hope he can hook me up. I pulled my other knock sensor from my other engine that i ran for a year with no issues. So figured it had to be wireing. But i ran a good wire from my spare harness still nothing. I guess the sensor must have gotten damged when i removed the engine. I just really want this fixed its frustrating, im considering parting the car out.
    Did you properly ground the shielded portion of the wire like youre supposed to? Most importantly, you CANNOT ground both sides of the shielding. You cut the shielding on one side and you ground it to the other.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Rob, dont you still have that ATS GM Knock sensor?

Images

I grounded it just like it was stock Tomorrow is my day off i can really get a good crack at it.

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    Rob, dont you still have that ATS GM Knock sensor?
    Not sure, might have it kicking around somewhere. Honestly don't remember what I did with it, though I know I'll never use another one.

Images

Fixed a friend had a 2000 corolla knock sensor and it did the job. Thanks all

90 alltrac st215 swapped

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Thread Information