CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: How often do you clean your interior

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • It never gets dirty

11 14.10%
  • Once a week

11 14.10%
  • Once a month

11 14.10%
  • Once a year

3 3.85%
  • Every time I wash my car

11 14.10%
  • I'm waiting for the magic car cleaning fairy to do it

3 3.85%
  • When I sell it

0 0%
  • I never clean the interior

0 0%
  • Whenever it needs it

26 33.33%
  • What Interior?!

2 2.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How often do you clean your interior?

how often do you clean your interior?

do mine whenever its needed.. doing my line of work i can go from living out of my truck and getting it trashed.. to being able to keep it clean... changes from week to week

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Well - I DO have the "best intentions" but must admit that I normally wait for some fateful event the requires the cleaning of my interior to actually ream the thing out.

I hate to admit it - but one of my own mother's favorite expressions is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

During the winter I'll usually do it if the center console where I keep my change is getting kinda iffy (gets dirty the quickest). Then I'll hit the whole thing and Armor-All/Windex it. Summer I'm more thorough though and definitely once or twice a month if not more.

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

Usually when I can start seeing dust on my dash.

Otherwise I just generally keep my interiors clean, don't like clutter.

Every time I wash my car, which is usually once a week.
    I'm already using a bag to cover up my air filter, so when I'm done with the engine bay and exterior, I go over the interior and pick up whatever small trash is behind my seat and in my console.
    I have a giant box overfilled with cleaning supplies... soaps, waxes, claybars, armor-all, windex, carpet shampoo, back to black, rainx, brake cleaner, etc. My detailing process takes a while.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

i try to do it when it get dirty but its to cold to be doing anything now days........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

i can't vote. there is no option for "what interior"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

There is now.....
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I would say my interior is never dirty per se....I don't leave things in there, esp. garbage and stuff like that. I do dust it on a when it needs it basis, but I keep the duster in the car so it still never gets dirty...
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

i don't eat or drink in my car and usually give the interior a one over once a week.

She's sold
    !

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I would say my interior is never dirty per se....I don't leave things in there, esp. garbage and stuff like that. I do dust it on a when it needs it basis, but I keep the duster in the car so it still never gets dirty...
    Wut do you use to dust it Chris? That's the main reason my interior always looks dirty. For some reason my interior is a dust magnet.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Dirt is afraid of my car.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Dirt is afraid of my car.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i wash my patrol car everyday. i clean it out every day too. as for my personal vehicles i clean them when i wash them. that's about twice a month.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar

yay i can vote now!

i wash and wax and shampoo once a week for free at work.....isnt that great....lol

rofl i'm the only vote for no interior!

never dirty, never will be. yet i still clean it every week. i'm a clean freak! lol

I actually used to clean the interior every week or two. Even though I keep my cars clear of trash etc. vacuuming and wiping down the dash and panels is nice. Sadly my motivation to do any of that has disappeared living in a place it feels like it doesn't matter.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I do a top to bottom detail of Chaos about once a year, right before the Dragon.

Otherwise she stays pretty clean. I keep a trash bag in all my cars for daily accumulation, and I replace it about once a month. Since she hasn't been driven in so long, there has been no point in cleaning her.

Every year before the Dragon, I take and wash her, then detail the interior. Until recently, that was pretty much the only time she ever got let out of her 'cage.'

For the last month I have been driving her every day, and as such I have tossed about $2k at her, but she still hasn't been washed or detailed.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I just go whenever she needs it... which winds up being about once a week as "whenever she needs it" means to me, "Once it drives me crazy". I always dump small trash stuffs off at the gas pump, and vacuum out all the time. Exterior... different story.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

^ exactly. I try to get in there with a vacuum at least twice a month, but with as busy as I've been the last few months, it's been whenever it starts to bother me.

As far as I'm concerned, I spend a lot of time in my car, I shouldn't feel claustrophobic(sp?) in it.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I do a full interior detail about once a month but I vacuum and dust every time I wash the car.

on a side note, armor all is not allowed within 10 feet of any car I own, lol, that stuff is just grease in a bottle if you ask me. 303 or nothing, try it and you'll never go back.
    ST165 x2

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'm actually in the midst of cleaning up the truck. This is a multiple day project. Truck was previously owned by an alcoholic who was also a smoker. That being said, I can sit in the truck for 5 minutes, and smell like I've been at the junk yard all day. That's completely unsat for me. I mean, the carpet is HARD because of oil thats been ground in and baked to a crisp. SO! Sunday I started attacking it with a ratchet and a screw driver. Took all except the driver seat out and vacuumed. Yesterday I continued my ratchet and screwdriver attack and took out the entirety of the dashboard, HVAC tubing, and blower motor. I also rented a rug doctor and two of the biggest bottles of soap I could get, in preparation for today. Today will be trying to get all the crap out of the carpet. I have various HVAC tube bits literally soaking in the sink. After the shampoo I'm wiping down what I couldn't remove. Thursday and friday will be re-installing days. I'm cleaning the bejesus out of everything. And after I'm done I will DARE ANYONE... to find a single speck of dirt in that truck.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Thread Information