CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 94 celica with st215 FMIC question??

im looking to run a FMIC on my celica, i have an st215 swap.
    i found an intercooler kit for an st215 and an intercooler kit for a gt-four.

i was just wondering if anyone knows if either one of this if at all will run properly in my celica.

here is the link for both intercooler kits.
    st215 intercooler
    http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/s...idproduct=1361
    gt-four st205
    http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/s...idproduct=1953

any info will help.
    Thank You.
    **6th gen 3sgte st215 swap**

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You would prolly want the st215 kit. Reason I say this is the st215 kit will work with the gen4 intake manifold. The st205 intake manifold does not line up to where the st215 one lines up. For that much though, you could build your own intercooler pipes by ordering bulk pre-bent pipe and call it a day.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnyD Jr View Post
    You would prolly want the st215 kit. Reason I say this is the st215 kit will work with the gen4 intake manifold. The st205 intake manifold does not line up to where the st215 one lines up. For that much though, you could build your own intercooler pipes by ordering bulk pre-bent pipe and call it a day.
    well i already did buy pre-bent pipes and it did not fit properly, and i have already an intercooler just need the pipeing. i have got quotes for the whole thing welded and custom made for $700, including new intercooler, and was also told i needed an intercooler with both inlet and outlet on the same side.

which would you suggest? price wise?
    and i was thinking the st215 intercooler kit as well but the engine bay in the actual caldina st215 isnt the same as the celica, that is why i am worried that one might not fit properly.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You don't 'need' an intercooler with inlet/outlet on the same side, it just makes it easier for the installer. I have the st215 in my st162. I clocked the turbo so the turbo outlet is facing towards the front of the car instead of back towards the intake (like it is stock). I have a Treadstone TR8 intercooler behind the crash bar and all my pipes worked perfectly. It took some time to get the angles right and I only spent around $400 for the whole setup.

Here is the post with the intercooler and pipes connected.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...1#post30169095
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

You don't 'need' an intercooler with inlet/outlet on the same side, it just makes it easier for the installer. I have the st215 in my st162. I clocked the turbo so the turbo outlet is facing towards the front of the car instead of back towards the intake (like it is stock). I have a Treadstone TR8 intercooler behind the crash bar and all my pipes worked perfectly. It took some time to get the angles right and I only spent around $400 for the whole setup.

Here is the post with the intercooler and pipes connected.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...1#post30169095
    how dd you clock the turbo? do you just have to remove that little clip and it will turn? also did you have to buy new hoses for the auctuator lines? or was the length on them still long enough bcz it looks like they would be short once it is clocked.

Images

Search button is your friend

Here's the write up I did on clocking the turbo. I gotta find the pictures again though as the links have passed away. I'll re-upload pics to the gallery tonight when I get home.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...5#post30122325

Her Build thread -->

Search button is your friend

Here's the write up I did on clocking the turbo. I gotta find the pictures again though as the links have passed away. I'll re-upload pics to the gallery tonight when I get home.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...5#post30122325
    lol ok thank you.

Thread Information