CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default ASI Aluminum Radiator Group Buy #2

Alright gents, who's in?
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper
     ...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

price?
     ...to the topTop

n00b st185_quebec is on a distinguished road

In the 1st group buy BurnyD Jr said ¨Yeah, I'm still working out the logestics with Papabear here, but pricing is $155 shipped for st165 or st185.¨
    and still need 10 members ?
     ...to the topTop

I may have to jump on board...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
     ...to the topTop

$155 shipped?

Is that the right price?

I assume this is a bolt in radiator?
    Does the stock fan bolt up?
    Is it thicker [clearance issues with a non stock turbo]?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
     ...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78 View Post
    $155 shipped?

Is that the right price?
    Can't quote the price, I don't know if it has changed since the last GB

I assume this is a bolt in radiator?
    Yep. ST165 -> st162 and ST185 -> st182

Does the stock fan bolt up?
    I think there were some issues with alignment of the holes for the fan shrouds but I can't recall.

Is it thicker [clearance issues with a non stock turbo]?
    Drop in replacement. Same everything as stock including dimensions
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->
     ...to the topTop

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It's actually like 1/2" thicker.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...
     ...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

ok, I'll start the list:

1. Temperacerguy (if the price is $155 shipped)
    10. Optional as they did the group buy for 9 last time :-)
     ...to the topTop

anyone? anyone? anyone? Bueler... Bueler... Bueler...
     ...to the topTop

Is it thicker?
    Or not?

Am I going to have problems bolting up a stock fan?
    I'd like to use my RC fan instead of an aftermarket one.

...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78 View Post
    Is it thicker?
    Or not?

Am I going to have problems bolting up a stock fan?
    I'd like to use my RC fan instead of an aftermarket one.
    I will post pictures of mine tomorrow for you. I have the stock st162 sitting around and the asi one installed.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->
     ...to the topTop

it IS thicker...

There are conflicting reports of fitment on an ST185 however.

Here's one report from AT.net:
    i've had mine for the last three years and has served me well. only thing that sucks is that if you use the slim fans, make sure you space the fan away from the radiator fins as my radiator suffered holes from the blades of the fan. with some massaging, i was able to get the oem radiator fan and shrowd to fit.
    and here's another quote from less than 10 hours later:
    I had no luck using the stock fans, there's a bunch of mounting points but there's no way a stock fan can be used with either the GT-S or GTFour so I have no clue what they're for. The one that I got from the CT groupbuy and the one that I got on my own off eBay are nearly identical, however the fins on the eBay one don't go all the way to the top and bottom, and they aren't even heights. Aside from that though they seem great.
    When there are two people who have the same vehicle, and one person says it fits, and one person says it doesn't fit, I tend to believe the person who got it to fit. Universally, I read of problems with one of the shroud bolt holes being 5mm off, but that everyone has gotten the shroud to fit by elongating the hole
     ...to the topTop

n00b st185_quebec is on a distinguished road

BUMP

1. Temperacerguy (if the price is $155 shipped)
    2. St185_quebec
    10. Optional as they did the group buy for 9 last time :-)
    1990 and 1992 st185
     ...to the topTop

I have a rev3 engine but I am not sure if there is any clearance difference but I could not fit the stock fan and had to go the slim spal route with my ASi. They offered two it in two thickness. I chose the thicker of the two but its been so long I do not remember the dimensions.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track
     ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by BurnyD Jr View Post
    I will post pictures of mine tomorrow for you. I have the stock st162 sitting around and the asi one installed.
    Fail.

Here it is, it is dual core guys.

...to the topTop

Now that there is some MEAT!!!!!

Throw a couple of thermostatically controlled pusher fans on that bad boy and it could cool down a small block with bad bearings and old oil!!!!
     ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by temperacerguy View Post
    Now that there is some MEAT!!!!!

Throw a couple of thermostatically controlled pusher fans on that bad boy and it could cool down a small block with bad bearings and old oil!!!!
    I'll tell you what though, driving through the Mojave on many occasions up mountain grades, she performed like a champ. My engine has never run cooler, and I trust this will keep her running much longer.

...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    I'll tell you what though, driving through the Mojave on many occasions up mountain grades, she performed like a champ. My engine has never run cooler, and I trust this will keep her running much longer.
    And that's what I like to hear.... I am currently gathering all the supplies to build my street/autocross car It won't be the fastest, it won't be the most agile, but it's going to be optimized and a hell of alot of fun. Heat management is going to be paramount for me, so this is going to help out alot.
     ...to the topTop

OK, posted a cross-link over on the other forum. Hopefully this will add people to the group buy.
     ...to the topTop

OK, found these on E-bay... the group buy is a $40 savings! that's 20% pretty massive!
     ...to the topTop

I am interested. Is it too late?
     ...to the topTop

Nope, just add your name to the list. Once we get 10, the order will be placed.
     ...to the topTop

this radiator will work on the AT180 chassis?

Angel

91T MR2 830whp 635wtq
    92 Celica WIP
     ...to the topTop

If I remember correctly, they drop in, but you need to change out the top radiator brackets from the GT-S, GT-4 There's a thread over on AT.net about that.
     ...to the topTop

Images

Correct.

These are drop in for st165/162 st185/182. They can fit the AT series with a little modification.

Her Build thread -->
     ...to the topTop

Thread Information