CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Default What do you guys think of this timing belt kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-0-2...item336744a38c

Thoughts? Looks pretty decent quality, most of the stuff is made in Japan. I've never heard of Mitsuboshi.

I also saw these ones while looking around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-01...item230cb11186

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item2a131e245e (This one seems like it has more stuff, this is my first timing belt replacement, so for simplicity should I just get all my parts in one go and buy this one?)

Recommendations?
    Last edited by Doowstados; 08-29-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I donno man. I prefer to get timing belts from a parts store so I can look at it before I buy it, and most have a warrenty for faulty parts.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

I would recommend genuine Toyota parts.
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

Carquest or O'Reillys: Gates Timing Belt (There is also a tensioner/pulley kit)

Ask Aaron at Lithia Toyota about an oil pump seal kit.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

After doing a bit more research, it turns out that Nitoma is actually a distributor. They distribute brand name parts in kits. Might go with this just to try it out.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

If this was a Honda or Mitsubishi, I would only recomend OEM parts. but the worst thing that can happen on the engines in our cars is the belt fails, and you have to do it over.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by temperacerguy View Post
    If this was a Honda or Mitsubishi, I would only recomend OEM parts. but the worst thing that can happen on the engines in our cars is the belt fails, and you have to do it over.
    My sentiments exactly. Also, my perspective on this is I plan on changing the belt every 70,000 miles anyway and in a lot of cases belts will last 90,000 - 100,000 miles on small engines because they aren't under a whole lot of duress. I figure if this was a 3S-GTE that was driven constantly at higher RPMs I would NEED the more expensive belt/pump kit but since it's just a NA 5SFE I should be okay for 60,000 - 70,000 on a cheap one.

Does this sound reasonable or am I making a big mistake?
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

FYI, Mitsuboshi is an OEM belt vendor to Toyota for serpentine belts for my 7th gen. Ive gotten a Dayco and a Mitsuboshi both from a Toyota dealer.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thread Information