CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    I can haz 6 speeds? v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3's Avatar
    v3 has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Default I need a new trans :(

<----------You can change that to "I can I haz no speeds?"

Trans blew out on me last week, so who has a replacement for me?

Right now I'm looking at a few

6 speed from a '00 with 150k miles for $600 shipped
    6 speed from a '01 with 100k miles for $675 shipped
    6 speed from a '01 with 20k miles for $1000 shipped
    5 speed with 0 miles on a fresh rebuild for $1000 shipped

New, but pricey options for bulletproof trans conversions
    5 speed e53 trans from the v6 camry $3000
    5 speed e153 lsd trans from mr2 $5800

I'm opting for the cheapest one, mainly because I'm broke.
    I already sold my blown tranny for $250, so that should help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -------

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Damnit.. I woulda bought your blown trans...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i would go with that 20k one. the higher ones might has syncro problems already

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I can haz 6 speeds? v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3 is just really nice v3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lburner View Post
    I have looked, extensively

The first one is a e53, which does me no good without the $2300 conversion kit....and I already saw it.

I can't view the 2nd one, not registered
    Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs View Post
    i would go with that 20k one. the higher ones might has syncro problems already
    $1000 bucks is a lot of dough, especially when you don't have any.

I put a deposite on the 150k one....plan is to drop it in and just be gentle till I can afford something better.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Damnit.. I woulda bought your blown trans...
    Sorry man, the guy offered to buy it while I was asking questions about buying his rebuilt trans, but your on my list next time I blow a tranny.

I sold a working but on-th-way-out c56 for $250 shipped (shipping cost me $100) a few years back so I jumped on this, especially when he said he would send me a box and pay for shipping.

-------

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar

the 2nd one..............

e153 LSD transmission with 36k was rebuilt that's how i know it has 36 k on it with axles and ACT 6 puck clutch (500 miles on clutch) ......... $1200 obo

Quote Originally Posted by lburner View Post
    e153 LSD transmission with 36k was rebuilt that's how i know it has 36 k on it with axles and ACT 6 puck clutch (500 miles on clutch) ......... $1200 obo
    While that is a damned good price when compaired to MWR's.....I still don't have that kind of cash to drop on the conversion AND the transmission.

Buying that trans and the conversion kit will still set me back $3700

Thanks for the link though, I'll know where to look when I do have the cash.

-------

i feel you... just hang in there im sure you will come up with something!!!!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

yeah, just keep searching.

Took me about 6 months to buy a new trans for my daily, I was driving 1/2/3rd gears only at freeway speeds as well. Ended up getting a new one from the dealer (rebuilt) for $900 bux.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    yeah, just keep searching.

Took me about 6 months to buy a new trans for my daily, I was driving 1/2/3rd gears only at freeway speeds as well. Ended up getting a new one from the dealer (rebuilt) for $900 bux.
    Can't wait....the high mileage 6 speed will have to be a band-aid until I have the cash for something better.

-------

MWR conversion does not include the clutch or TO bearing, or starter. my E153 conversion allows for stock flywheel, stock starter, you need my clutch disk but any 2ZZ pressure plate will work.
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Yeah, good luck finding a tranny, I just had mine rebuilt a few months ago. I searched high and low for a few weeks, but I could not find a used 5 speed manual transmission anywhere, so I had no choice but to go with a rebuild. It ended up costing me about $1,600.00, but that included the tow from my house to the repair shop.

All told, it was well worth the hassle. It has been rock solid since the re-build, and has a 1 year warranty to boot!!!.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Thread resurrection

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Thread Information