CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Default Post pictures of your tool collection/boxes/organization (or lack thereof).

I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's tool collections, how you organize them etc.

I'll be posting pictures of mine tomorrow. (Came up with this idea at 1:00 AM...)

I know some of you have a pretty insane amount of tools, which are freakin' sweet to look at, so show em' off! After all, you didn't spend thousands of dollars on tools just to use em, right?
    Last edited by Doowstados; 08-15-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Totally forgot to post! First off, been cleaning out my garage (pack rat mom...) found some good stuff like an old 28,000 RPM 7 speed dremel and a 260/200 watt blue point soldering iron. Will be nice to get the car in there soon.

Something is wrong with the iron, not sure what but would be nice to fix. Maybe I'll post a thread later about that. Anyway! Here's my tool mess. Can't really organize/clean things better until I get a bigger box and clean my garage out. We're renting a u-haul in a week or so to take the crap away...

My little box, stacked with tools...

Wrenches (metric and standard) mostly craftsman/craftsman pro series/snap on. I think I have 1 or 2 Matcos in there. I pretty much inherited all my dads leftover snap on stuff after my mom sold the majority when he died (he was a smog tech for 11 years and had like 30k in snap on stuff). Anything not snap on is craftsman stuff I've bought.

Metric 3/8" and 1/4" sockets. I have rails on the way from eBay to clean up my sockets, as you can see they're all just floating around...

Not even sure what is all in there. Mostly standard 3/8" and some metric/SAE 1/2".

More random sockets.

Screwdrivers

Steelman pliers

More pliers. I have a lot more pliers all over the place.

Ratchets/random stuff/ half inch breaker bar and torque wrench are also on top towards the back.

Oh yeah, girlfriend got me these ratcheting wrenches and a neat little screwdriver set from harbor freight for my birthday. Surprisingly, the wrenches feel really nice. Theyre the most expensive Pittsburgh pro tools I've ever seen though, at a whopping $29.99.

The screwdriver set isn't that great though. Worth $6? Definitely.

- Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

how the hell do you find anything in that mess? get yourself some socket rails and wrench racks. That would irritate the shit out of me having to search for anything.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    how the hell do you find anything in that mess? get yourself some socket rails and wrench racks. That would irritate the shit out of me having to search for anything.
    I have some Craftsman socket rails in the mail from eBay, bought 2 of each 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" for $10

Waiting for my paycheck (tuesday) to get some wrench racks. What I REALLY need is a bigger box, this little four drawer doesn't cut it with the amount of crap I have. I'll probably pick up one of these in the next month or two:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...net-67421.html

Hopefully it'll still be on sale, I'm holding on to a 20% off coupon for one I get the money.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

+1

I have a specific way that everything is organized. It's kinda funny though..people who tend to look like they have everything in a huge jumbled mess tend to know exactly where their stuff is. I guess it is an organized mess?
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

Haha, I've posted my car here numerous times. Everything fits in 2 bags in my trunk. I'm the big tool driving or wrenching.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Two toolboxes. One holds all my stuff (screwdrivers, sockets, wrenches, etc) on rails or organized by type (metric vs. sae). The other toolbox is one I inherited and has OLD school stuff in it (wrenches, sockets,etc). Then I have my cart that I fill with whatever I need to use for a project & then return to the normal place.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

The Cleveland Browns are an organized mess. That looks like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    This was pretty funny.
    Especially since I was reading an article about the worst games ever in the NFL and they kept bringing up the Browns.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Illpost my 3 boxes later
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Quote Originally Posted by Doowstados View Post
    I have some Craftsman socket rails in the mail from eBay, bought 2 of each 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" for $10

Waiting for my paycheck (tuesday) to get some wrench racks. What I REALLY need is a bigger box, this little four drawer doesn't cut it with the amount of crap I have. I'll probably pick up one of these in the next month or two:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...net-67421.html

Hopefully it'll still be on sale, I'm holding on to a 20% off coupon for one I get the money.

I generally find cheap toolboxes to be ...well, cheap. I didnt see those mentioned as ball bearing drawer slides. I would highly recommend spending alittle more on a tool box if its at all possible. My bottom box Ive had for nearly 30 years and I expect it to last another 30. Its just a craftsman "mechanics" box (stay away from the "homeowner" version). Keep a lookout on CL. You can sometimes find great deals.
    this one is local to me, but its a good example: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/tls/2547858633.html
    (hell I think Im actually going to go pick that up)

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    LMAO!
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

I generally find cheap toolboxes to be ...well, cheap. I didnt see those mentioned as ball bearing drawer slides. I would highly recommend spending alittle more on a tool box if its at all possible. My bottom box Ive had for nearly 30 years and I expect it to last another 30. Its just a craftsman "mechanics" box (stay away from the "homeowner" version). Keep a lookout on CL. You can sometimes find great deals.
    this one is local to me, but its a good example: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/tls/2547858633.html
    (hell I think Im actually going to go pick that up)

LMAO!
    Wow, nice deal. If only I could find one around here for that cheap.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Mine will be up asoon as my photo bucket cooperates......

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    There is a gallery on ctech..

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Mine still makes me jump when it clicks on if I'm not expecting it. (But then again, I'm a little girl).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    Haha, ever heard that the tool is rarely to blame, the tool who doesn't know how to use the tool is?

Just kidding!
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Um...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Joey wins this thread.

In the middle of rennovating the spare bedroom and hallway, so the garage is in shambles.

-Terracar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terracar View Post

In the middle of rennovating the spare bedroom and hallway, so the garage is in shambles.

-Terracar
    What brand box is that? (red) And how do you like that black Stanley box? I'm considering picking up the Stanley rolling set they have at Sears since it's drawers feel nicer than the low end Craftsman ones and it's only like $90.00.

Anyway, still a work in progress but here we go:

Better, I think?
    Last edited by Doowstados; 08-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Doowstados-

(Yeah thread revival)

The red box is a Harbor Freight box - several friends and the wife all pitched in for my 30th birthday gift. The box is surprisingly well built. It is better than my dad's 80's snap-on boxes. Roller drawers with liners and moderate gauge steel used. Biggest complaint would be that it relies on a wheel brake as opposed to a separate brake like the snap-ons do. Drawers are good size and deep (though this can be a double edged sword). As I recall the box was $350ish with a nice coupon - well worth it. I can honestly say this is one of the few items I would recommend from HF.

As for the craftsman - for $90 it is okay - it is cheaply constructed (I would say you could buckle the unit with a swift kick). It is not as stable as I would like and the bottom unit is top heavy depending on what you put in it. I put my ratchets and wrenches in the top two drawers and it was on on the verge of tipping over if I pulled one drawer out more than 75% of the way. I remedied this with more weight in the bottom, but overall I would say save the cash for a better box. The top unit is decent, but is limited by the bottom box. With the top unit on the HF box it works perfect for all the smaller items - feeler gauges, crow's feet, razors, zip ties, etc.

-Terracar

What brand box is that? (red) And how do you like that black Stanley box? I'm considering picking up the Stanley rolling set they have at Sears since it's drawers feel nicer than the low end Craftsman ones and it's only like $90.00.

Images

Well, finished the garage today! First time we have EVER been able to park a car in this garage. We found six dead mice, a half grocery bag full of mouse poop and several fun looking spiders, but it's done! The dump ticket said we had 1500 lbs of crap in the u-haul I rented.

I had just cut our bush too. Filled a whole 17' truck.

Amazing!
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

My box

Wrenches

Sockets etc

Scantools specialty equipment and a non working scope.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post

Oh, how I envy you...
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Oh, how I envy you...
    It's great til you have a big project at home and forget to bring some of the tools home.
    Unless they let you keep your car there for a while.
    I had one of my trucks taking up one of my bays for like a month and they didn't squeak about it, I kept waiting for them to bitch but I ended up pulling it out before they did.
    Come to think of it, I had one of my Alltracs taking up a bay for a couple of weeks too. And I had 2 4runners from Cash For Clunkers in my bays for a few days.
    I guess I have been able to leave cars at the dealer. I had forgotten about that.
    I do miss having a lift and an alignment rack. And I guess a tire machine too, tho I don't miss doing tires.

Images

Main box/cart

In need of a bigger cart now, not ready for dropping thousands on a box

Home boxes

Thread Information