CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 165/205 Intercooler water pump-how noisy??

Question for all of you 165 & 205 owners running the stock WTA systems. How noisy is the stock water pump for the WTA? I've got a 205 charge cooler on my 185 and I'm using the live well/blige pump that is used with the Frozen Boost aftermarket WTA. While it works great, it is pretty damn noisy. I'll probably change over to the Bosch pump that a lot of people are using later but I want to find out how noisy the stock pumps are.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, with the engine off and the pump running you can hear it inside the car [185 pump].
    With the engine running you can't hear it with the hood open [but I did have an exhaust on the car].

So.... :shrug:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When mine, especially when cold, is REALLY loud. A lot of times you can hear it over the engine when you're stopped at a light. The longer you drive though the more it quiets down. I'm going to try and insulate the mounting position better and see if that helps.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Yeah, mine was mounted completely stock.

That's loud. I can barely hear mine.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I can only hear mine if the engine is off and it's fairly quiet (inside) or I'm staring at the engine.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I'm going to try putting some more insulation around it to see if that helps the noise. It works fine and circulates the water fine, just noisy. Thanks for the input guys.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Thread Information