CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 2nd gen 3sgte aftermarket ecu work for a st165?

I have a st165 and a person is selling a 2nd gen blitz ecu. Will it work or do i have to rewire/pin? Is it worth it to upgrade? Thanks
    ST-184.. 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S(Sold)
    ST-165.. 1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac(Project/weekender)
    ............ 1995 Acura Integra LS(Daily Driver)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Not directly compatible. It's a good upgrade if you know how its already tuned or you get it retuned.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

Also, if it's tuned by blitz, it's 99.99% JDM, which factory is already set with advanced timing (for higher octane Japanese Fuel), so the blitz ECU will be even MORE advanced.

So you will have to run pretty serious octane booster, or custom fuel blends to get the true benefit of the ECU.

In my opinion... the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Yeah it is tuned but i guess i will just have to see. Thanks guys.
    ST-184.. 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S(Sold)
    ST-165.. 1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac(Project/weekender)
    ............ 1995 Acura Integra LS(Daily Driver)

Thread Information