CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default car wont start after swap

i had a 3sgte in a 1990 gts with blow so i got a 3sgte out of an mr2 i put it in an now it wont start all the starter dose is click and drains the battary

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

Do you know that the engine you got out of the MR2 worked?

what year MR2 did it come out of?

which engine harness did you use?

which ECU did you use?

is your battery dead? are you sure?

could be the starter itself, easy way to check would be to swap in the starter from the blown 3SGTE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

When you say "all the starter dose is click and drains the battery", do you mean that the starter does not turn the engine over? Before you swapped engines, did you make sure the one you put in turned over by hand?

yes the motor turned by hand the motor works i used a alltrac harness and ecu and i have tried both starters and yes the battery is good and it came out of an 1990 mr2

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

How do you know the battery is good?
    Put a volt meter to the battery, turn the key to start and hold it and read what voltage comes up? ..just cause it reads good doesn't mean its good when under a load.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the battery is out of my other car and it works fine in it

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

where did the alltrac harness and ecu come from?

Did they come from the same car?

Were they both in this car when it was running the previous 3SGTE?

When you say the previous engine blew can you be more specific as to what happened?

Have you checked all of the fuses?

Just give us as much information as you can. People have a lot of questions but you are not giving out much information. People on this site really do like to help out in these situations, they like to solve problems.

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

the harness and ecu where in the car when it was previously ran i have checked all the fuses and what happened to the old 3sgte is cracked head gasket and hydrauliced to motor and the piston came out the side of the block
    my best guess is its shorting some where i don't know where

Thread Information