CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Turtle Wax Black Box Review

I finally got an opportunity to try out the Turtle Wax Black Box 2 stage cleaner and wax kit. Let me fill you in on how it worked out (pics coming soon!!)

For about $24 at any local auto-parts store, you can pick up the Turtle Wax Black Box. It claims to be the best solution for cleaning and waxing a black painted car to a super high gloss finish. I used, and was impressed.

They recommend that you use a spotless car wash solution, without waxes or conditioners. You then apply, one section at a time, the pre-cleaner with one of the applicator pads. It has a black dye in it, so I recommend using latex gloves. It's more messy then anything else.

Then, using a microfiber cloth sprayed with the included detailing spray, you wipe of the haze. Don't get discouraged, it's not terribly glossy at this point. The detailing spray also has a black dye in it as well.

Once this step is finished, you use the last applicator pad and apply the carnauba wax, also dyed black (sensing a theme here). Once it hazes, you use another microfiber cloth or orbital buffer to polish. You can use the detailing spray here too.

The result was the paint looked noticeably darker and many of the imperfections were filled in. I was not the happiest with the wax in terms of it's glossiness, so I went the extra step using my buffer to set on a final coat of Meguiars Tech Wax. This made the paint look perfect. I'll now have to go back and detail the rubber seals so they look dark too.

Not all of the imperfections were filled. I recommend using a paint detail pen kit to set that up first. Swirls are completely gone. The end result was shocking. It was well worth the price to have my car look this good, the paint color this even. If you've gone black, I highly recommend Turtle Wax Black Box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And here are the results:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

damn man blackhawk looks crazy good the wax in the 1st pic gives the car a 4th gen body line up by the window, lol
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Thread Information