CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation SoCal Big Bear BBQ & Cruise (Sunday July 17th)

Greetings Fellow Californians!

We're trying to gather some people together for a BBQ and Cruise of the San Bernadinos near Big Bear. The drive is gorgeous and the weather should be amazing. Not many of us can make it to the Dragon or Ogopogo, but we can all get to Big Bear.

Bring your Celica (or other Toyota love), yourself, food and others up to Big Bear, Sunday July 17th. We're working out where to meet to cruise up in style and where we are BBQing.

What:
    SoCal Celica BBQ Meet & Cruise

Where:
    Big Bear Lake, CA (meet locations being determined)

When:
    Saturday, July 16th Noon till 6pm.

Who:
    1) Sopaynefull - Scott - 90' Celica GT
    2) Car Barn Bandit - Michael - 91' Celica GTS
    3) Eric Barrera - Eric - Avalon
    4) TRDRACING89 - Matthew - 94' Celica GT
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Let's spread the word and get a few Celicas together to show the rest of CTech we exist!

Last edited by Car_Barn_Bandit; 07-01-2011 at 10:35 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

Im in, for sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

ill see what i can do, i have a hard time getting sat off from work.
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

I don"t know about everyone else but I am certainly open to switching to Sunday i that means Jaydog could come.
    1990 GT
    2.2l: odometer stopped at 257k miles!

Move to Sunday Kosher for anybody else? It's harder for me, but I'll man up and make it happen if it works better for more people. It gives Eric one more day to finish his ride.

Come on guys, let's get some more people! So far our "West Coast" Dragon is looking pretty weak right now. I promise you will NOT regret driving this road in a Celica, especially the manual tranny. The road was MADE for peppy, light weight, corning cars!
    1990 GT

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Wow! That would be so cool to go! I miss California... but it would take me a week to get there in my ST

Sure would love to be there though.......

Have a great time!
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Quote Originally Posted by Sopaynefull View Post
    Come on guys, let's get some more people! So far our "West Coast" Dragon is looking pretty weak right now. I promise you will NOT regret driving this road in a Celica, especially the manual tranny. The road was MADE for peppy, light weight, corning cars!
    Haha, give it some time. I think people are a little easier going out west and take some time to find things like their computer.

I'm working on some things outside of here and ill see what can be found.

Images

YAYY! I can 100% go on a Sunday. I am gonna get my friend to take his Avalon lol

Thats 4

imma try and go i work every sun, ill try and work early that day or something.. but im fairly local, in victorville. but im deff down to go.

6GC- 3sgte st215 swap.
    **6th gen 3sgte st215 swap**

Quote Originally Posted by TRDRACING89 View Post
    imma try and go i work every sun, ill try and work early that day or something.. but im fairly local, in victorville. but im deff down to go.

6GC- 3sgte st215 swap.
    Where do you work and what time do you normally get off? We might move it back a little later if that helps. It'll be light out till at least 9pm.

Junior Member BonzaiCelica is on a distinguished road

hmm doesn't sound too bad. I'll keep this meet in mind

Quote Originally Posted by BonzaiCelica View Post
    I'll keep this meat in mind
    Fixed.

Images

There is a slight possibility I might get my Celica done.

If its slight and I can help, ill help.

Were working out the final details. We'll let you all know tonight. The 405 closure that weekend is making this tricky. Big Bear is far enough away from that, that I don't anticipate its closure to be an issue.

Images

I'm getting the block Wed, and everything is coming together by Friday. I would like for you to be here when we first start it.

Why don't you just take highway 2 (Angeles Forrest Highway) to my house, and then we'll leave Via Highway 138?

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    Where do you work and what time do you normally get off? We might move it back a little later if that helps. It'll be light out till at least 9pm.
    i usually get off around 8:30-9 or so unfortunately.

TRD- are you coming up the back way, or going around to the front of the mountain to meet us so we can all drive up together? LMAO - I told my wife I was going to drive down the hill just so I could cruise up w/ everyone and she's like, "Well, that's just stupid! Why spend gas money to drive somewhere when you're just going to come right back?" You guys wouldn't believe what it's like up here right now on July 4th- NONSTOP CRAZY TRAFFIC EVERYWHERE. I guess that's what happens when you take a town that normally holds around 15 thousand people and you fill it up w/ 150,000 people. My son and I are having lots of fun sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway and chasing cute girls who ride by on bikes w/ the RC car.
    1990 GT

i was planning on going up the back way kinda easier and closer for me. but if everyone is going the front way that would prolly be better..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sopaynefull View Post
    TRD- are you coming up the back way, or going around to the front of the mountain to meet us so we can all drive up together? LMAO - I told my wife I was going to drive down the hill just so I could cruise up w/ everyone and she's like, "Well, that's just stupid! Why spend gas money to drive somewhere when you're just going to come right back?" You guys wouldn't believe what it's like up here right now on July 4th- NONSTOP CRAZY TRAFFIC EVERYWHERE. I guess that's what happens when you take a town that normally holds around 15 thousand people and you fill it up w/ 150,000 people. My son and I are having lots of fun sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway and chasing cute girls who ride by on bikes w/ the RC car.

LMAO!

Is everyone still planning on doing the run this Sunday? I hope so, but haven't heard much chatter in the past week. Anyone w/ questions is welcome to call me (909)648-2637.

S.
    1990 GT

Images

Idk, I just asked Micheal. I really don't know if anyone is going to end up going. lol Hoping though

Well, I am going. If anyone wants to meet on the backside of the mountain, I will probably come up from the 247. It seems like everyone was finding conflicts on either SAturday or Sunday. I am still game for a BBQ. If no one else is showing, I think I may head up crazy early tomorrow with my Rod N' Reel to pick out a good fishing spot. Anyone feel free to text me so we can find a meet spot in Big Bear. I'll be checking in here often today. Thanks dudes!

Michael - (33O)86O-3252

Images

I'm riding with you Micheal

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

i wish i could make it guys, i could not get out of work. i am working toward a promotion so no calling in sick for me lol
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Thread Information