CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default DIY: eManage Install into 1990 ST(4AFE) 10/14/05 Update: Now with Screen Shots

To understand this DIY please use in conjunction with eManage Manual. I've studied this over and over and still get confused. I had the manuals close by to confirm installation is correct. I rate the install semi-advanced. Don't forget to disconnect the battery, prior to installation of electrical wires etc... Also note as with any modifications altering your stock setting may result in engine failure and/or malfunctions.

Also to note; Use this as a guideline as every car is different and there my be differences!! Onto the installation!

Installation notes:
    ->I'm using the setting for the 4EFTE, 2-4-0 & TY_PR_1
    ->Being that the 4AFE(1st Gen) has a 3-pin TPS, no need to hook up to eManage. eManage will calibrate itself for throttle voltage(?).
    ->The pins that are utilized are as followed;

+PIM = Vacuum Sensor
    *To hookup you'll have to splice completely and hook up in/out to eManage.

+IGT = Ignition
    *To hookup you'll have to splice completely and hook up in/out to eManage

+IGF = RPM Signal
    *No splice neccessary, only TAP-in.

+E1 = Engine Ground
    *Injector Ground, for eManage.

+#10 = Injector
    *Tap Only, Neccessary for injector control on eManage.

+#20 = Injector
    *Tap Only, Neccessary for injector control on eManage.

+E01 = Power Ground
    *For Main plug of eManage, Ground

+B = EFI Main Relay
    *eManage Power Source.

Onto the "somewhat" picture guided install...

-> When you unplug the ECU, unwrap the wrap(9" to 12" is good enough) to access the wires. Splice or make wire connections farthest from the ecu plug perferably at 8" to 10".

-> This is plug "D"(illus. from Haynes Manual). Top row is 1 thru 13, bottom is 14 thru 26.

->This is a print(of a pinout) from a 4EFTE Plug, apparently its the same plug style. Way different from the 4AGE plug. The pins that I filled out are the appropriate(SP?) pins to install the eManage Main, Injector,& Ignition Harness.

-> This is the Main eManage harness. Power, Ground, RPM, & MAP.

-> Of the following wires I only utilize 5 of them.

-> Notice the POWER source is on plug "C", other than that all other wires hookup to plug "D".

->This is the injector harness.

->I'll be only using 3 wires, two for injectors, and one for ground. *For the 4AFE, Toyota had grouped the injectors into pairs.

->Ignition Harness, all of that...ahhhhh!!

->Not Really. The 4AFE is a one-channel system so you only utilize two wires as shown. (Far-Right)

->When your done its suppose to look like that...

->Main, Injector, Ignition Plugs and Greddy 3-Bar Pressure Sensor.

Further on this week I'll be editing this thread, for now this is it. Hope it works out for you. Laters.
    Last edited by whtcelionteins; 10-14-2005 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Title Change

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Looks nice man. I see you're project is comming along, congrats.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Please post pics of the user interface when in use.

What is that you like? User interface?

Let me know,

*Tuning Note; The eManage lets you create Injector and Ignition Maps to suit your needs. Now I thought it'd be easy enter some numbers and your good to go(at least hope for the best when in doubt). Anywho, I entered some numbers, loaded the eManage with the new numbers, started the vehicle and started driving. When I was ready to test it I "click" the record button to see if the numbers actually do anything. Did a couple of runs and recordings. Comes out the eManage loads off the voltage created by the G-MAP Sensor, ONLY a couple of numbers made it through to the ecu, lol. For my application seems the voltage starts from 0.80(idle) to 1.85(Full 5psi), I know its a learning process(the f'n tuner is in Japan for vacation). The numbers I input were in the 1.80v to 2.50v. eManage only took care of 1.80-5v area. So now I have to move all the numbers I input to fit in the 0.80 to 1.85 so I can have a carefree operation, hopefully. Also I bumped up the voltage clamp to 3.60v it now runs much smoother, boost stays on through redline.

Now, the numbers I had input... Oooly... I've never done soo much math in my life. Althought it was the usual what's 80% Load is in cc's... I've gotten a headaches looking at the chart its ridiculous, even though you enlarge the screen, it enlarges but not the charts. Suckass!!!

Side Note: I know a dyno would do wonders. I know an experienced tuner would do wonders. For now I'm wondering... Hahaha!!! I think more seat time playing with the charts and mathification(sp?) I'd get the hang of it. I know its a risk, but its all in the name of experience...

Stay Tuned for Screen Shots...

Laters,

Darlene

My Celica just died; stopped running. Had been doing fine. Mechanic says its must be the computer. He has tried everything else....I can't find any information about the computer. I am a girl.....can anyone give me a clue?

find another computer(ecu) from a junk yard and plug it in. are you gettig a check engine light?
    i miss my celica
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

yea u lost me.....im not even gonna try readin that again

Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Heyllo...

Whats going on errbody? Anywho just finished up another BHG, I know, I know... This'll be the last...

I finally got the know how to use the "Print Screen" key... Pardon the blank spots...

Here's a screen shot of whats going on...

Notice anything new?

-Crappy cellphone shot, but you get the idere

Finally got the chance to use the Innovate Unit, I will post more screen shots!

Stay Tuned...

Laters,

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Nice stuff man. Definately a sweet setup.

What are the specs on that turbo?
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

60-1 grrrrr.... I'm bout to blow the sht off this 4AFTE! hahaha, joke... Same Turbo just new "HoRn".... haha laters...

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I need some answers.
    I plan in the near future to turbo the STX. I have someone that tunes cars(dyno4mance), so that isn't a problem.

1. Do I need to buy both the Injector and Ingnition harnesses?
    2. Will I have to pay the ~$120 for the E-Manage Support Tool or is it downloaded off of the 'net?
    3. Are there any other optional harnesses I will need?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

*bump*

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

yes you need the injector and ignition harnesses. i got mine on ebay for 80 bucks shipped for both. The emanage support tool is the program plus you need the cable to hook to the laptop

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

Thread Information