CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Fury

Smile Project Fury

Fury... 94 ST...
    I bought her about 6 years ago, and have just recently been looking into into building her.
    She's currently my DD, but a slow project on the side as well (yes, pun intended as she is an ST..)
    I don't have a firm plan for her engine swap as of yet, but there has been a lot of talk of different ways I could go with her lately.
    As of today, she has almost 209k 212k on her original engine/trans.. and just made it back from her first trip to the Dragon.

Like I said, it'll be a slow build, so bare with me.

Here's Fury close to the the beginning.. pretty much ALL stock

right after we put the grill in..

fully stock 7a

More Recent Stuff...
    Clear turn signals I bought from KAOS...

And the Turns installed on the car. He wasn't kidding when he said plug and play..

Hopefully I'll get the fogs wired and put in this week, and maybe a little more work to her.. like fixing that front crank seal leak....
    Fog brackets didnt line up correctly, so I'll be selling them shortly.
    Front crank seal is fixed as of a couple weeks ago
    Last edited by manda; 07-05-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Ugh. Call Hooka, we'll do another engine transplant lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

as soon as I get the money to fund that (which probably wont be too soon) we'll see what we can get done

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Wait.... Its a front crank seal?
    If Im not mistakin thats cake...
    Do the timing belt while in there. I had enough tools to do it in the parking lot lol.
    I dont think you gotta pull the oil pan for that but I may be wrong, I figure its all part of the oil pump housing.
    Damnit manda why didnt you say somethin

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Just make sure you take care of it before she gets up here Matt.

That way, I don't have to!
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Images

LMAO I see how it is now.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

lol, Matt i thought you were referring to the engine swap.. the crank seal will get taken care of this week at some point. and I did say something, you just weren't listening at that moment.. I think you were taking pics of Mafix's car or something..

Images

Well you coulda just been like "Hey! Get yer ass over here!"

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

didn't know you had all the tools and whatnot needed... next time I will tho..... wanna drive out to ATL tomorrow and help wire up some fog lights so you don't feel left out? lmao

and Chris.. I am perfectly capable of working on my car thank you very much

Images

Nah Ill pass on driving 3 hours to do 30min worth of wiring lol
    Get that lazy, no good, SOAB Cappy to help you, surly he can wire some fogs without skrewing up

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Justin and I are doing it, I just figured I'd offer to let you help so you didn't feel too asshurt about not getting to do the front crank seal in the parking lot <3

That car needs a 2ZZ, LSD, 6 speed, (with all the shit on the engine to safeguard against misshift), suspension, and some sticky tires.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

Knowing my luck and how the week had gone, I probably woulda broke more than I fixed lol

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

i'm bored and need money. bring me your car and money. that is all.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

i may be selling mine so if u want the cai thats currently on her lmk, or have a short ram that was on her thats just collecting dust

i also may be putting the stock spring back on depending on the buyer so if u want some damn good springs lmk as well
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Quote Originally Posted by Mafix View Post
    i'm bored and need money. bring me your car and money. that is all.
    i would absolutely love to do that.. only one problem.... I haz no monies to bring you :'(

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Be careful working around Matt. He'll disappear into your front dash and scare you when you get in the car.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Well, the front crank seal was replaced today... that was a fun job... and so far no more leaking oil, so that should be taken care of
    The transmission mount was also replaced, which has noticeably cut down the vibration Fury had before.
    All in all a pretty productive day.

Fury in the shop

So that's where all my oil keeps goin.....

and the sludge coating under the car...

Putting things back together

I just thought this looked cool

Old tranny mount---- car drives and idles sooooo much smoother now

Found this in the shop, has nothing to do with my work, but it made me happy.. lol

And a guest appearance by this (she's sitting at the shop)

Party to put her back together sometime anyone?? ----no, seriously...

I think the next thing on the list will be to upgrade the suspension. Any suggestions are welcome Not sure when this will happen, but sometime soonish I'm sure

Have a good night everyone!
    Last edited by manda; 06-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Pics damnit woman!

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

^ pics added

so most know Fury broke down right before my trip to Chicago this weekend.... had to had her towed to the shop... the collective guess was the head gasket.......

Got the news today....

Engines gone. Completely
    She had 212,7xx miles

Here's the worse news, I dont have the money to replace the engine. and I dont have the money to get another car. While it'd be good for this to happen if I had the new engine sitting here ready to go, the reality is, I just dont have one. I just put a grand down for an apartment, and the people want almost another 2 grand on August 1st.

So, for now, I am without a car.. and Fury is pretty much dead until further notice.......
    Last edited by manda; 07-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

two problems... one, I have $1 in my bank account now that the deposit check cleared. and two, I have an autofail, so Id also have to get another manual trans if somethings wrong w that one, and do all the work to convert it... atm, its just not really an option to do all that

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Or you could take the engine out of that car and put it in Fury.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

I think it is a automatic. People still say into or out of gear, and typically if it's not going into a gear on a manual transmission people state which gears are gone.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Thread Information