CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Quote for fluids

Would it be possible to have an order filled for fluids or does that have to be a local purchase?

Mainly looking for coolant, transmission and a friction modifier (was suggested to use a Ford friction modifier, but I'm open to Dealer suggestions cuz the closest ford to me is 75 miles...)
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We always suggest that people purchase fluids and lubricants locally. Their weight and potential mess offsets any savings we can offer them. I'd suggest Toyota's red coolant (00272-1LLAC-01), and most people like Redline gear oil, but the oil suggested varies depending on the car. Which car/transmission is this for?

The Ford friction modifier sounds like XL-3...
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Gen4 3sgte mated with a mr2 e153 w/ a trd 1.5way lsd all in a st162.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    Gen4 3sgte mated with a mr2 e153 w/ a trd 1.5way lsd all in a st162.
    Reading it that way...I think I have a death wish with this beast in the garage lmao.

Her Build thread -->

E-series transmissions seem to like Redline Lightweight Shockproof gear oil. We don't carry it, but I think ATS Racing stocks Redline products, and they're be able to advise on whether that's the best choice for you and/or whether you need any LSD additive with it. We do actually stock Ford XL-3 in case you need it. It's just a little tube so we can ship it to you if need be.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Images

The guy I bought this from it was recommended from him & other members on mr2oc to use the ford friction modifer.

Personally I was kinda thinking royal purple for everything (sythnetic oil & trans fluid) but I'd also go with whatever is best for this beast.

Her Build thread -->

Images

What is the difference between the Toyota Red and Toyota Pink coolant? I thought it was just the Pink is the 50/50 mix of the red stuff already correct?

Her Build thread -->

Red and pink are not the same product. Red is marketed as "Long Life" and is sold in concentrate. Typically we see that replaced every 5 years or 60K miles. The pink stuff is "Super Long Life" and is pre-mixed, so you use it straight from the bottle. The factory fill is normally left in place for 10 years or 100K miles, then subsequent changes with Super Long Life are done every 5 years or 60K miles.

Thread Information