CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default True Equal Length Gen3 Turbo Manifold

I don't know if this would clear the hood on a celica or not. But just to show off some of Marc's skills doing a quick mockup after we laid out the sketches and plans...

Check out the new EMSPowered true equal length Gen3 3SGTE top mount exhaust manifold. Marc finished up the layout this evening finally. The manifold is setup to fit small T3 flanged turbos (GT30/S200), all the way up to the big boys toys (GT40/S300/S400). Yes, you can keep your AC. Yes, it's a true equal length equal frequency manifold.

Here's some photos for now. I'll post more later this week. Enjoy!

For those that were asking about clearance for the AC idler pulley and the engine hook. Yes, it clears with plenty of room:

Some more updated pics...

Runners welded up:

Runners tacked in place:

Formerly itsoktosmokev8s Mr. Babb is on a distinguished road Mr. Babb's Avatar
    Mr. Babb has donated to the forums! Mr. Babb helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

nice work but I dont think it will clear the Alt on the Celica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A couple more photos for you guys:

More photos for you guys...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

nice work but...
    hell no that won't clear the radiator, alternator, or the hood on a celica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Yes, I know it wont clear on a Celica. Just showing off our work. Whoever needs one for a Celica, just give us the word and we'll start on an order for you.

with the turbo mounted, still need to finish up the external wastegate port/piping and screamer pipe.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

*fap*

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

man i would love to see this setup install in a st185.

Another kit that just shipped out.

Custom equal length equal radius exhaust manifold - Precision Billet 6262 ball bearing turbo - V-band 3" stainless steel downpipe - Tial MVR 44mm v-band wastegate - v-band screamer pipe

Some questions and answers copied over from MR2OC that you guys may find useful as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted91
    Nice Work.

How does this compare to a Full-Race Manifold. And gains?
    I've had this question several times. Several differences actually.

1) Most people that have been around 3SGTE's long enough know that the Gen2 exhaust manifolds tend to warp, and that the 9-bolt manifold flanges are superior in keeping the flange from warping at high operating temps. Full-Race's Gen2 3SGTE manifold uses a 6bolt flange. That's even worse than the early stock 7-bolt stock manifolds. We have proper 9-bolt flanges custom cut from 1/2" thick stainless steel that will hold up to the high exhaust gas temps far better.

Full race exhaust flange:

EMSPowered exhaust flange:

2) Full-Race 3SGTE manifold runners are NOT equal length. Full-Race 3SGTE manifold runners are NOT equal radius. I have called Full-Race and one of their reps confirmed this for me over the phone. His exact words "we don't make equal length runner manifolds. They might be close, but it doesn't matter really". Equal length and equal radius runners produce better exhaust flow, better spool, and more power with all other variables kept constant. EMSPowered manifolds have equal length runners, and each runner has the exact same number of degrees of bends. This is a huge advantage.

3) Full-Race only makes bottom mount manifolds for the 3SGTE and nothing else. Period. At EMSPowered we make each and every manifold one at a time for each customers exact application. This allows us to customize each kit to best fit the needs of each customer. Top-mount, bottom-mount, crazy long runners and a side-mounted turbo, 3" downpipes, 4" downpipes, single and dual wastegates, long runners, short runners, etc... Basically, with EMSPowered it's not just some "canned" one-size-fits-all manifold you're buying. It is custom made FOR YOU.

4) Because we custom make each manifold we are also able to do really cool things like move the turbo position or flange positions to accommodate other power and spool enhancing add-ons such as quick-spool valves. Try that with other manifolds, not going to happen.

I'm sure there's other things I'm missing, but that's a short list of the main differences between us and the rest of the competition.

And, some more eye-candy. A customer's Gen2 3SGTE top-mount kit that is being finished up this week. He's using a Comp turbo on this kit:

Some more top mount kits getting finished up

Gen3 top mount with billet Precision 6262, and 44mm WG:

Gen2 top mount manifold being finished up for a billet Precision 6262 and 44mm MVR Tial WG:

Thats sick looking man. =D

Looks good. I am glad to see people developing for the 3rd gen 3sgte.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

hmmm...the famous question comes into play!
    how much would this manifold cost? (just a price range)

btw-those are super sexy. im going to start saving right now because i WANT them!!!
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Quote Originally Posted by ericfragola View Post
    hmmm...the famous question comes into play!
    how much would this manifold cost? (just a price range)

btw-those are super sexy. im going to start saving right now because i WANT them!!!
    Full turbo kits: http://www.emspowered.com/storefront...roducts_id=464

Exhaust manifold only: http://www.emspowered.com/storefront...roducts_id=459

We can make them for both the Celica/Alltrac/GT4 and the MR2, and for the Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4 engines. We can make them the manifolds and kits for any turbo you'd like from Precision, to Garrett, to Borg Warner, Turbonetics, and others.

this is looking awesome

Thread Information