CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New Celica owner from Alabama

Hi everyone. I am a "new" Celica owner (but not of a new "Celica") from Alabama. My introduction to the Celica has just begun with a nice-looking 1987 ST that I picked up for $300. It ran great but wouldn't shift into anything but 1st or Reverse (no higher gears) and the guy had bought something to replace it already as he did not want to fool with fixing it. I put a $39 governor body in the transmission about 5 days ago (took a couple hours) and it runs through all the gears flawlessly now. I am falling for this car pretty quickly. I was fixing it up for one of my daughters, but I might have to get her something else now lol. While it is in great shape for a 24 year old car (obviously garaged by the first owner and yes, I will try and post some pics soon), I guess I am most impressed with the fact that it doesn't drip a drop of anything! I mean this is a 24 year old car with 103,000 miles on it. I ran it until operating temperature for about an hour (trying to burn out the old gas where it sat for a year), then parked it inside the engine bay (where we park the ambulances) and let it run for another 15 minutes (bay doors open - no CO) and checked the floor underneath ..... clean as a whistle! Thanks for the info on here and your contributions to it. I look forward to my time here. Have a great day.

Tracy

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hey Tracy. Welcome to the fold. You mentioned ambulances which leads me to ask if you fix them or fix people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

welcome to the neighborhood
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome!
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Quote Originally Posted by Hookecho View Post
    Hey Tracy. Welcome to the fold. You mentioned ambulances which leads me to ask if you fix them or fix people.
    Fix people, paramedic/fireman.
    Tracy

Welcome!

Thanks for all the welcomes.

manda - I see you live in Searcy, AR. That is where I bought my Celica (from the guy who runs Tillet Paint there in Searcy).
    Tracy

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah, the 4th gen's are good at suckering people in.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Quote Originally Posted by ycartf View Post
    Thanks for all the welcomes.

manda - I see you live in Searcy, AR. That is where I bought my Celica (from the guy who runs Tillet Paint there in Searcy).
    Ya, I'm in Searcy for school. I go to Harding (not many ppl have heard of them, so I wont be offended if you havent lol). I have no idea where Tillet Paint is, but thats awesome! If your out this way again before May let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by manda View Post
    Ya, I'm in Searcy for school. I go to Harding (not many ppl have heard of them, so I wont be offended if you havent lol). I have no idea where Tillet Paint is, but thats awesome! If your out this way again before May let me know!
    No I don't know where that is, but I am not from there. I only went that far to get a car because we have a former Pastor who lives nearby and I visited with them while up there from Alabama. Have a great week.
    Tracy

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Welcome, I've been to Dothan a few times. Isn't that where they have the Peanut Festival?
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09 View Post
    Welcome, I've been to Dothan a few times. Isn't that where they have the Peanut Festival?
    Yes it is. Half of the peanuts grown in the US are grown within a 100 mile radius of Dothan.
    Tracy

Thread Information