CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Default CAT recommendation?

Anybody have a recommendation for an in-line CAT?

I need to get one for my GT that my daughter is buying from me. I'm not sure of the pipe diameter - I'm having her to check on that now, but I think it is prob either 2" or 2.25".

This car has a header on it so that's why I need something that fits in-line.

Prob need to fab up some kind of heat shield too.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

I personally like Orange Tabbies, black CATs and Torties.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    I personally like Orange Tabbies, black CATs and Torties.
    I think he means a cat on inline skates. I couldn't find any that use old school skates as well. You might try this one, seems to do the trick:

Bunch of wise asses!

He said INLINE!

I only use Random Technologies converters. Metal substrate, high flo.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Yeah, the LOLcats really seem to perform and deliver!

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Watch out, some tabbies (or bengals, i dunno what he is) love to take over the bed.

Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

You said inline cat right?

I recommend the Cat 3406b. Nothing beats a Cat! 425hp doesn't hurt either.

-Terracar

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

What about suspension to support the 3406b Terracar?
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Oh well - ask a question and .....

I searched later today at work and found that the woods are full of these things - I just need a "universal fit" that will weld i-line, as the car has a header.

The pipe size is 2.5" and I can get one for about $90 - prob will be at least another $50 to get an exhaust shop to put it in (I never do exhaust work at home).

My daughter is currently renting a car so I need to do it quick. While the inspection here does not require emisions - they do have a "tamper test" which includes the catalytic conervter as well as the O2 sensor.

I had thought I had a problem with the O2 sensor being disconnected but noticed yesterday that the header has TWO O2 sensors - no doubt for conformance with a California car's emission system - and it was only the second one that was not connected.

Anyway - thanks for all the "help".
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

I've had good luck with magnaflow direct fit cats.

Thread Information