CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default '87 Rex. They don't make 'em like this anymore...

As you may, or may not, know I crashed my MR2 a few months back... into a cop car... he was at fault... anywho, using my insurance check, bought a '87 CRX Si for $400.

Body is in EXCELLENT shape, and all the electrics work. After getting Phoenix Motorsports to rebuild the engine and manage a port/polish job, the car runs like a scalded rabbit.

I've already done a few things to make the driving experience better (MAINLY, a better driver's seat) and the suspension needs to be tightened up a bit (the rear shocks are blown an the rear-end sways like a boat).

Pics, and more details, coming soon!

- Tum
    Reno (my 6th-gen) is no more!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rude (my MR2 MKII) is no more!

Tails (Miles) is here!

1987 Honda Civic CRX Si 250,000 miles. WHIP. My daily driver.
    Original D15A3 1.5L, 12-valve, fuel-injected. ALL original parts including the transmission (A/C parts removed, clutch replaced).
    Stage 3 port & polish, rebuilt engine (thanks to the guys at Phoenix).
    Intake and exhaust (stock exhaust manifold works fine). Shoots flames. A lot.
    Mugen steering wheel. Procar bucket seat. Custom rear strut brace (self-made).

Mods to come: Tokico struts, rear springs (front uses torsion bars), front strut bar, 15" wheels with performance tires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by renegadex
    Thanks Initial D for driving the price of corollas through the roof!

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Nice. I had an 89 Si that I loved to death. I installed coil springs(due to the lack of them) and energy bushings. That alone made it a whole different machine. I never did anything else to it.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Thread Information