CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default non mechanic tools

well there is more to this world then mechanic tools...

so what else you guys got?

cuz of my job i either have, or have access to just about everything. so im not gonna bother to lost them.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

computer, scan tools ect
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

What's a non-mechanic tool?

What ya looking for?

does hemostats count? it has a better reach than my long nose pliers.

sure makes it easy to get to tight spaces and put a locking grip on it. Good enough for arteries and it works for wires and little dropped parts in tight spots too.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

the guy i work with is a tool... does that count? lol.

but on a serious note...

a digital camera is a good thing to have around if you're forgetful. even if its a cheap one. taking pictures of something before you take it apart is always helpful when putting it back together. just doesn't help finding the bolts that you misplaced...

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

Quote Originally Posted by goretro77
    does hemostats count? it has a better reach than my long nose pliers..
    werd, I have a pair in my tool bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Celica
    a digital camera is a good thing to have around if you're forgetful. even if its a cheap one. taking pictures of something before you take it apart is always helpful when putting it back together. just doesn't help finding the bolts that you misplaced...
    I take lots of pics before i dive into a big project.

but, i was talking all sorts of tools. like stuff you use to fix crap around the house, build things, cordless drills, hammers, etc

a BFH is always around when i need it. i don't do much home repair though, so i can't help ya there.

no one put duct tape though. i mean, honestly, how many things can you fix with duct tape? the list is endless!!!

i wrap all my presents with it..

lol and i bet you aren't kidding are ya

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i do that too... it pisses people off because they have to borrow my knife to open it...

i like a metabo cut off wheel and 4 1/2 angle grinder. that and a mig welder. i use a 6 in 1 screw driver a lot too...

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Celica
    lol and i bet you aren't kidding are ya
    nope

At work I use a dremel tool, soldering iron, f-4 tape/electrical tape a lot (usually for repairing comm-cables). Can't really say that I use many tools at home other than on my car though. Well I do have a blade sharpener on my key ring and a few precision tools that I use to repair my mp3 players and such.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

lube
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Second the duct tape - and I have some really big tie wraps too - they can be a good second set of hands at times.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i have a lot of tools. my dremel see's a lot of use. i use it to trim my dogs' nails too.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt View Post
    lube
    Win

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

wd-40, silicone, gotta have these around the house.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

wisk and handheld blender. paint brushes. gloss paint. cable ties. wd-40, household scissors and knife to name a few. my mrs always goes mad when she looks in my shed.

its called my hands man, my hands.......

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Sledge, several different shovels, rakes, etc. for the yard. Circular saw, drill press, square tool, levels, hand saws, ball peen hammer, regular hammer (whats that called?), vice clamp, portable band saw, cordless drill, corded drill. I'm sure I've got more. The big one I need to add is a TIG welder...
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

My leatherman multi-tool. When I have a small job, typically wiring or something in the interior, I just use my multi-tool. Saves me getting out a tool bag because it's already on my belt.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    regular hammer (whats that called?)
    a claw hammer

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

I like my length of black pipe used for lengthening my breaker bar. For busting nuts
    Second fav is my maglite with the LED bulb in it. Its very bright...

P-38 Can Opener AKA the "John Wayne".

When Im not wrenchin' Im cookin, so I like my kitchen "tools". Some of my favorites are a garlic press, my vacuum sealer, my braun coffee maker, and cheap little sandwich maker (like a waffle iron for hot sammiches).

When my now ex-wife and I moved from Oregon to NM, I decided to sell all my woodworking stuff. I had a really nice custom built wide table saw with a runnout roller stand, and a router table attachement. I also had a 12" planer and a belt/disk sander. My shop had a built in 12hp/50gal dust collection vac system. Little did I know she would leave a year later and only wanted to move to ABQ to be able to run to her parents when she left. ... I would love to be able to afford to get back into woodworking, but I took up this automotive hobby and now have no rrom in the shop, much less the money for the tools.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Thread Information