CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Where are the st185 rally cars now?

The real ones, the actual rally car. I would love to have a car actually used in a rally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

I have 2, you can have my spare for $20000. Send me your bank account info...

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Sure ill get right on it.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    I have 2, you can have my spare for $20000. Send me your bank account info...
    It's a trap!
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Quote Originally Posted by Doowstados View Post
    It's a trap!
    Shut your mouth, and I'll give you 35% no questions asked. Just send me your bank account info...

Lol

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

It's all good. I am still waiting for my delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    The real ones, the actual rally car. I would love to have a car actually used in a rally.
    I have one. Poker Rally entrant. $25,000. Cash.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

The closest thing I've seen for sale was this from a couple years ago: http://bringatrailer.com/2008/12/21/...ta-celica-gt4/

As for the actual TTE cars, at least one is in the Toyota Museum, and Kankkunen reportedly still has his world championship car. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head though. My best guess is the others are in museums or private collections...or scrapped. Rally cars get so beat that I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot of them survive.
    91 ST - "Ricebucket"
    90 All-Trac - out of commission
    90 GT-S - the parts car
    73 AMC Javelin

Unfortunately, most of them probably fell victim to the old race car syndrome. There are probably a few floating around out there but most of them probably ended up scrapped. Like AMX said, rally cars lead a VERY rough life and most probably didn't make it. Too bad.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

someone taking care of it or just sitting collecting dust
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I have one. Poker Rally entrant. $25,000. Cash.

Nothing in the mailbox today, FYI.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Thread Information