CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default 7th gen HID conversion kit, how to

Is there a how to tread on how to install an HID kit for the 7th gen celica's?

I ordered a kit and while installing them, I noticed that the new HID bulb doesn't have that backing on the back of the original bulbs, therefore when the spring tensioner is locked, the bulb still has LOTS of play. Customer support for the product said that the backing is interchangeble but I don't see how? I will post pics once this weather gets any better.

Anyone else with generation celica have the same problem?

* These are pics of the HID bulbs. On the original bulbs, there is a backing piece which is about a quarter of an inch thick and the bulb plugs into that backing, then the harness to that backing. Sort of like a sandwich. Notice that on the HID bulb, there is the long piece sticking out and no way to install the original backing onto this.

* The back of the bulb sticks out about an inch making no room fot the backing plate.
    Last edited by RobUpNya; 03-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information