CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Holy gas prices Batman!

So i went to full up my car last night and spent nearly $50 on 92 octane! I love my car but holy crap thats outrageous. Gas is almost $4 a gallon for 92 octane. What are gas prices like for everyone else?

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

My Acura just ate $75 from me. Conversion works out to $4.69 / gallon here.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is horrid! Im not looking forward to tourist season here. This summer is going to be hell on gas prices! Sucks living in a tourist town!

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Oil prices are going up again, and they never fully came down from the gas prices created by $150/barrel oil a couple of years ago. Gas companies discovered we'd tolerate the prices, so they now expect a bigger profit margin.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

i just paid $3.85 for bottom grade gas.... I couldn't justify high grade at almost $4.50 when my car doesn't HAVE to have it.... FML my trip home in a week is gonna SUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by manda View Post
    i just paid $3.85 for bottom grade gas.... I couldn't justify high grade at almost $4.50 when my car doesn't HAVE to have it.... FML my trip home in a week is gonna SUCK.
    thats about what i paid for 92 octane here. I need to take a trip down the road for my next tank of gas and get some non ethenol race fuel. Not sure what the octane level is but its not outrageous but living in dune city lol we get non ethenol here.

the gas gauge on my corolla keeps going up!! I put 20 bucks worth when it was on E, it first went to 1/2 tank and now it's around 3/4 ...lol

94 JDM ST205
    94 JDM SW20
    91 JDM ST185 RC

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

And here I was griping about $3.35/gallon. It cost me about $30 to fill up the MR2 today.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

and you dont even want to know what it cost to fill the F250 and how fast it drinks it. I paid 3.39 for regular for it. At least it doesnt require premium.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Try $4.80/gallon here ($1.27/litre) - a chunk of that is taxes, but not that much.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

On monday i put $45 @ 3.35/Gal into my truck... I didnt even get 3/4 of a tank....

And as of tonight im below E

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I don't even want to talk about diesel prices...

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Yea, but you get better mileage out of it....

And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

I am not looking forward to filling up my truck diesel prices jumped 10 cents in one night.

$3.73 if I pay cash at the 76 Station in Eagle Rock. $3.90 everywhere else.

Just think about how bad it is for aircraft. Our FBO is selling JetA at $6.20/ish a gallon and Avgas at like $6.90/gal. Glad the MRS takes regular and gets high 20's in the city..
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

CelicaTech Supporter bzdweezy is on a distinguished road bzdweezy's Avatar
    bzdweezy has donated to the forums!

Images

4 days ago prices were 2.95 now they are going up to 3.39 i filled up tonight at 3.25 for reg. grade.
    At least I left the 7th gen at home last weekend so i get a break from v-power prices
    1991 Celica Gt 313,000 miles
    2005 Celica Gt -
    7/9/10- Stage 3 clutch and flywheel installed
    8/24/10- Turbo kit and dyno complete

filled up tonight at mid grade 3.67 / gallon just over 45 bucks to fill..........its 3.55 for regular.....so i think the f350 will stay parked awhile longer as that will be over 100 bucks to fill......also the van is staying parked as it has the same tank as the truck does......

if gas prices keep jumping im setting up shop at work..... ill just set up a cot and plug in the ps3 and tv and have fun.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

I just put $68 into the ST185...sad thing is I go through a tank a week. Probably not the best commuter car, but it sure is fun to drive, especially in the cold weather on the snowy icy roads!
    David Walker
    ------------------

Oh god... dont remind me.... Its 3.45 right here by the house, but if I drive 11 miles north, its 3.18..... Needless to say im driving 11 miles north to get gas lol!! But Diesel is at 3.80 right now!! fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    My Acura just ate $75 from me. Conversion works out to $4.69 / gallon here.
    Screw your $1.24 a liter. When I was in Ontario it was 99¢ which was insane to me then.

definitely just paid $1.23/L for 87 octane... Sigh.

Ouch! I feel kinda lucky now lol, gas prices arent all that bad here but its still a low blow to the wallet!

My all trac was gonna be the daily, but because of the drivability, gas prices, whats on the horizon, i cant ever see getting rid of my green goblin 94 GT. I go so long between fillups, cant never even remember the last time I filled it up. Over a month for sure. Gonna try and check timing belt status this spring.

Has anyone ever heard of adhesive body patch kits? A guy I know told me about them, (he litterally owns 100 vehicles, classics, etc.) so I assume he knows what hes talking about but I wasnt able to find anything on searches. In leu of paying a shop $1000+ to patch the quarter panels.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

I filled up my ST last Monday with 93 octane and noticed Thursday when I stopped there again that the price had already gone up by 23 cents!

I doesn't hurt me so bad cuz I have 3.5 miles each way to work with little traffic - I usually fill up about every two months.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Thread Information