CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default universal throttle body?

well im in need of an st205 throttle body and i came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80mm-...Q5fAccessories

its an 80mm universal throttle body. i know we need the TPS and IAC on our throttle bodys, but i have a tap and die kit to threading some holes wont be a problem would it be possible to use a piece like this? has anyone ever done it? also,this ones looks like it has a spot for the TPS as well.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

The mounting bolt pattern won't be the same. Hey I should have a 205 throttle body pretty soon here that I can't use, PM me and we can work something out if you are interested.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Sweet, I will definately be keeping in touch

I'm not worried about the bolt patterns really, I can always drill new holes in it, as long as the available driling space lines up with the 205 I'M. What I'm more worried about is the compatability with the IAC and the TPS.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Sweet, I will definately be keeping in touch

I'm not worried about the bolt patterns really, I can always drill new holes in it, as long as the available driling space lines up with the 205 I'M. What I'm more worried about is the compatability with the IAC and the TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    The mounting bolt pattern won't be the same. Hey I should have a 205 throttle body pretty soon here that I can't use, PM me and we can work something out if you are interested.
    yeah i was gunna ask you chris if i should send the tb his way. Eric i have a 205 throtle body laying around but are you sure you wouldn't be better off reusing you 185 top end?
    My family:
    Black 90 Alltrac - the long term project
    Red 90 Alltrac - the daily driver
    White 90 Alltrac - the weekend warrior ready for some RallyX

we reason i need a 205 tb is because the longblock i got from marco didnt have it...its a 185 block with the 205 top end. no sense in downgrading just because i dont have a 205 tb

But how much are you asking for it? And does it include the tps and iacv?

I'm also really curious to know if those universal throttle bodies are compatible with our IACs and TPS's.

someone on mr2oc wants 150shipped for a 205 valve cover and TB, fair price. i will definately be grabbing the valve cover from him but like i said, if i can get a universal chrome TB off of ebay that can be modded to work with our sensors ill gladly spend the extra 20 bucks or so on it...

Junior Member karl has a spectacular aura about karl has a spectacular aura about karl has a spectacular aura about

keep in mind too that using that TB with that throttle cam will make the car very annoying to drive. small movements in the pedal will now result in very large changes in airflow to the engine.

most larger throttle bodies use progressive linkage to combat this, otherwise the throttle is very jerky.

Thread Information