CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: my st165 build

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Cool my st165 build

this is my st165 build.
    picked up a 88 alltrac 177k miles with a bad engine(rod knock).

ST165

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

parts on order my walbro 255lph fuel pump

and my magnecore 8.5mm wires

next on my list is a spec stage 2 clutch kit
    Last edited by jaydog82; 02-19-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    ST165

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

so here is my plan.
    drop engine and trans
    clean engine bay
    drop fuel tank and send it for cleaning
    send the injectors to witchhunter.com for cleaning and balance (thanks to joel/not12listen for reminding me
    replace engine with a jdm gen 1 from josh at chico raceworks (http://chicoraceworks.com/) and replace turbo also from josh
    flush fuel system and replace fuel filter, fuel damp, fuel reg and fuel pump
    install new oem water pump timing belt main seals and thermostat
    install spec stage 2 clutch kit
    replace all belts and hoses
    replace ignition parts oem plugs cap and rotor and magnecore wires
    reinstall engine and trans
    if i have the money install a down pipe
    put everything togeather and drive her
    install white motiege rims from my GT

if i think of anything else ill add it in......and i am very open to suggestions
    ST165

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Sounds like a nice "simple" plan. Good luck and hope it goes quick.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

thanks me too, id like it to take no more than 2 months.
    ST165

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Moving to My Project forum

Good luck! I'd probably swap to a newer gen engine but that's me.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

eventually i am going with a gen3 or 4 but for now simple is best
    ST165

sounds like a very good plan to get the car going.

make the version 2 plans a bit more 'robust' and 'extravagant' to suit the proper nature of the car.
    Independent AMSOil Dealer

Hey Please if you ever think about selling Your interior I want to be #1 man its so hard to find interior for this car lol, Nice car Very Nice me jelous

thanks, but this is going to be my daily driver for a long time so interior is staying
    ST165

stage 2 looks something like this

gen3-4 engine(with built internals and port n polish head with 1 mm over sized valves and maybe s set of cams) and ecu and trans
    upgrade diff
    t3/t4 turbo
    water/meth injection
    front mount intercooler with side feed intake
    full 3 inch exhaust with electronic cut out
    full msd set up
    maybe a light weight flywheel and a shaved crank
    full tune up the boost and have some fun
    ST165

so i ordered my electronic boost gauge, egt gauge and air to fuel ratio gauge from http://www.twosrus.com/ all in whit and blue, i plan on mounting them at an angle under the stereo.

http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=278

http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=286

http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=287
    ST165

glad you got the gauges ordered.

yup i think that they will work out nicely
    ST165

Looking good bro keep us updated!

ok so time for an update

i have all the ingition stuff including my magnacore 8.5mm wires,

my walbro 255lph fuel pump

aem dry flow air filter

the jdm engine

and the tested replacement ct26 turbo

i covered the underside of my intercooler with piping wrap

my custom oil catch can( thanks to shadows directions)

my braided steel clutch line (thanks to joel)

my wide band o2 sensor

i have all the belts and hoses, all the fluids, the main seals, the water pump, wiperblades, and other mis stuff. on its way is a custom straight intake tube and air filter heat block off panel.
    ill post more pics later, my camera is full.
    Last edited by jaydog82; 03-04-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    ST165

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Pics don't work
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

ok i fixed the pics, i guess they wont work if the url is changed
    ST165

fix yer damned pix, y0!

really good progress btw.

i did fix them lol
    ST165

so update time, i have upped the build time to 6 months of so. i need more time and money to do all the upgrades i have planed.

iv been working on painting my engine parts

i picked up an ause 3"dp from josh @ chico raceworks also got my 4 point racing harness from him.

i bought ate super blue brake fluid and a 1 ga amp install kit for my batt relocation

single din 3 gauge plate

more to come

i picked up a rad out of a 90s vw jetta and plan on using it as my wta ic heat exchanger.

ST165

hmmm. interesting. i likewhat you found out of the vw. thinking with your dipstick lol builds coming along greatly! cant wait till you come out to one of our meets if youre interested, every wednesday night in vallejo theres a really big meet hosted by C.R.E.A.M (cars rule everything around me). alot of cars show up. always a minimum of 50 cars. one a couple meets had 100+.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

ya sounds like fun.
    ST165

Looking good! Hmmm An All-Trac mini meet sounds great!

some up dates

custom single din pod setup, Boost-Egt-Wideband to come

2000 degree temp painted valve cover, DP, heat shield, turbo and intake

4 point racing harness

to come solid engine mount replacements, manual boost controller with fuel cut defender, a wideband o2 setup, new tires, re serviced flywheel, all new belts and hoses, super special second oil filter set up, all new fluids including aet super blue brk fluid, cleaned and ballenced fuel injectors by witchhunter.com, new fuel pressure reg and dampener, slim line electric fans for the ac and heat exchanger, new front cv half shafts, it already has red stuff brk pads, ARP rod bolts and ARP flywheel bolts, new aluminum radiator,

im sure ill think of more
    ST165

Thread Information