CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default choppy rear tires

ok my 6th gen has been lowered all around and in the rear its about 1 inch. When i took the rear shock assemblys apart, 1 side had a rubber spacer that sat between the spring and the strut hat , the other side didnt have one. The spacer itself seems to be about a quarter inch thick, half inch at best.

I cant find a matching spacer and the old ones have no name or part # on them and it doesnt seem to be a oem part. Whats happening though is inner side of the tires start to chop after a few thousand miles even though i had the car alighned but i havent installed any camber bolts.

what should i do, if i can find a 1/4 to half inch spacer ill use it, the tires didnt chop till after i removed the spacer, well it did chop on the side that was missing the spacer, but not on the side that had it.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

You're looking for the spring seat insulator. Toyota-only part. It shouldn't be a simple spacer, it should be a shaped rubber piece which locks into the shape of the spring seat and accommodates the curves of the spring coil.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The spring seat definitely should not be causing the tire chop. I'd have the alignment rechecked but honestly it sounds like there is a shock issue. If the shocks are blown (or just unsufficient for the lowering springs) they can cause the chop of the tires.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

nah its not the lil thin insulator, its a rubber spacer looking deal, i replaced the shocks, same problem with my other rear set on stock springs and the shocks were good.

pics or ban.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Choppy or feathered?

choppy, just on the inside edge, like like last row of tread.

off topic, i pm'ed u

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah dude, you suck at descriptions. Start putting up some pictures.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

trying to find the old part....i moved 2 months ago so everything not in the house is slightly missplaced

it looks like that but its about a quarter inch tall

after serching seems they are made by energy suspension, now i just got to find the old one and get the part number from it.

seems the g35/350z crowd have the same issue
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 02-03-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

The 350s EAT rear tires. Its the way their suspension is set up. Give up tire life for handling

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...-Isolators.asp

if you view this page i need the type "a" ones but i think i got rid of the stock springs so i have no way to measure the springs unless i take my current ones apart, can some one help me. I know i need the ones that are a quarter inch thick but which ones

Thread Information