CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: idle issues....

Default idle issues....

hey guys it's been awhile. The swaps been running good except one thing. When I first start it it runs fine, i.e. since its cold it runs a little high rpm tiil it warms up, then drops. Problem is that when it warms up all the way, the rpms at idle will bounce from about 1.5k to about 2.2k. it's been pretty cold up here, but anyone have any ideas? I've been thinking dirty tbs.
    1990 GT-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I would guess it is the idle air control valve or a vacuum leak.

Btw, it's good to hear from you fella. It has been a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Sounds like a vacuum leak

i have the same problem, on problem is i check for a vaccum leak or cleaned idle air control valve and nothing has helped its my daily car, i recently changed my power steering pump but i dont think it has to do anything with that does it? when im driving its fine but when im at a stop or red light it just goes up and comes back down(the orange needle)

Exact same problem after my swap, its not my daily so I just live with it. It used to die sometimes at idle but its been better since I adjusted the timing.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Thread Information