CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default MudHoney's...never ending adventure

After over two years of trying, I finally have her in my shop!
    She has some insane rod knock! Thats ok though, she will be reborn!

3SGE swap in progress.
    Last edited by CollapsedNut; 03-02-2012 at 01:03 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Do a 3sge swap. That would be very cool.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

[QUOTE=Hookecho;30145558]Do a 3sge swap. That would be very cool.[/QUOTE
    If I can come up with a wreaked GTS for a really good price, like under $300 I would do it.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Yes, GTE valves are like 1mm os for a FE head like a 3S/5S. Talk to MrTurrari about all this stuff, this is all his cup of tea.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

i really wish someone would put a 1st rev 5s in a 4th gen, should cost around the same
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Good plan to just rebuild. Although I think the GE would be the best option if the price is right.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 85gtsblackman View Post
    i really wish someone would put a 1st rev 5s in a 4th gen, should cost around the same
    Gimmi a 5s and a ge head w/ all the stuff and I'll do it. Thats my favorite setup but I cant afford to go sourcing parts all over the world.
    Ima starting calling around monday to see if I can locate a gts.
    Last edited by CollapsedNut; 01-24-2011 at 04:52 AM.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I got a 3sge long block you could have had if i knew you were in knoxville

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

well, a 1st gen 5sfe should be plug and play

also it will make the same power as a rev 1 3sge

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Grot View Post
    I got a 3sge long block you could have had if i knew you were in knoxville
    Well I may just come back to knoxville then... I wanna go to the pull a part also. Ima plan to come up the 5th of next month, lemmi know about said longblock.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

Tonight I worked on getting the engine out.
    Wiring pulled out.

Exhaust mani off and other crap disconected

Where I ended for the night.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

The 5th should be fine. If you want the engine it's yours. You can have my spare parts also. I will run down to PAP with you if you want as well. But making all these trips down you better be at the dragon.

Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Images

Haha I dont even know when the dragon run is. We'll see. I prefer to take my CBR to the dragon tho...
    Ill deff take the engine. Whats its story? You near murg or what?

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

man you could've made it easy on yourself....next time....dont worry about the wiring harness, just disconnect it from ecu and pull through the firewall....easy as pie. when i pulled flatliners engine thats what i did, i didnt even pull the exhaust header, it came right out. i pulled the rad of course and the airbox and the small shyt, but it can comeout pretty easy with alot still on there. shyt i didnt even disconnect the axles. i just pulled the boots apart and kept one end in the tranny. (i didnt have a 30mm socket with airgun).

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    Haha I dont even know when the dragon run is. We'll see. I prefer to take my CBR to the dragon tho...
    Ill deff take the engine. Whats its story? You near murg or what?
    The engine is 4 streets over from murg.

The engine was in my Celica the last time. the block need 2 rod bearings. the head will need the valves/buckets adjusted.

Its free tho. i have like 4 timing belts you can have if you want them.

Have cam pulleys and few other things.

No manifolds or oil pan.

Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Images

Right on grot. Ill deffinatly take it. Ill talk to you closer to the 5th and get directions and shit.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

Tonight I didnt get to work long, but it took me an hour to get the driver CV nut off.

I ended up having to break out my 1" socket set, add a 2' cheater pipe and a pry bar to get me about 3' out. It still felt like it was gonna break my socket before the nut came loose.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

No pics tonight. I didnt get my hoist like I had planned on so I just got everything ready to come out. Tomorrow I'll go get my hoist and pull this baby out.
    I've been thinking about going to the GE head, Im just worried about finding all the stuff Ill need. Hopefuly the trip to PAP will give me what I need for cheap.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

you do know if you dont have a 30mm socket and airgun you can just break the seal on the boot and just reseal them, that way you dont have to worry about the axle nuts. they are a pita if you dont have the right tools.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Images

Im not a fan of taking the CV's apart unless your gonna replace them. Axles are out now anyways.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

Some Yucky build up on all the intake valves, mani looks about the same. Its been sucking in oil from the PCV.

And finally..... The whole reason for doing all this.

Thats all for tonight. My stupid air gun wouldn't take the harmonic balancer/pully off so I gotta borrow a buddies tomorrow. I gotta get some long bolt to get the block on my engine stand so I can actually pull it apart.
    Last edited by CollapsedNut; 01-28-2011 at 03:39 AM.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

you can get the bolts from ace hardware, good work keep going

Images

Im a little worried about the crank. I can see groves in it so Im sure itll need to be turned. Ima get some price quotes today.
    Even if i end up using the 3sge Grot is giving me, Id still like to rebuild the 3sfe to have another engine if ever needed.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That's a pretty bad bearing there ain't it?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Images

Haha yeah. That one got burned up. Its crazy how clean the crank and oil pan are tho. Nothing sticky or gummy.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Thread Information