CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default TRD spring price req

48231-SP000-06

Are you able to get this in? What is the cost? TRD's site shows it as the only one in the lineup not yet discontinued.

Should be a pair of TRD 6kg/mm springs for a few coilover kits, ST205 being one of them.

LMK, thanks!
    Last edited by ChrisD; 01-21-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've asked our TRD rep to confirm that they are still available. Typically, the list price in yen can be neatly divided by 100 to get your cost in USD, which would make them about $70 each of they are still available to order. I'll let you know what we hear when we hear it.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Thanks kindly!

1994 ST205 WRC

Yen rate now is running around 85 or so.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

I got confirmation that the springs are still available. Your cost is $77.83 each. Let me know if you want to buy them. Because of the long wait involved we will not want to do it over the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    Yen rate now is running around 85 or so.
    Understood. We're buying from TRD-USA rather than direct from a Japanese Toyota dealer so our cost is updated (IIRC) twice a year and doesn't fluctuate daily with exchange rates, but dividing the list price in Yen by the exchange rate may be a more accurate way to estimate the price you will pay. Of course it's still an estimate until we get our cost from TRD-USA.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Images

Hm. What is the wait like?

I'm thinking this route might not be cost effective. I have a lead on the coilovers with the stiffer springs, but after adding these to make the setup more streetable might not make sense when the price of new coilovers are not too far off. Damn.

1994 ST205 WRC

I hate to say it, but TRD Japan parts usually take a solid four months to arrive, and there doesn't seem to be any way to expedite that. My question (and I don't know where to find the answer) is whether these springs are compatible with commonly available coilover springs that you can get from any racer supply shop. Not that we don't want your business, but if you can get an equivalent product faster and/or cheaper from a domestic manufacturer, it's worth a look.

Images

Fair enough. I kind of expected that. Honestly I think I'll go with an all new set of coilovers, or possibly find a compatible superstrut insert. The most ridiculous thing about these struts is that they are already setup to accept inserts, but no one seems to make them. The challenge would be to find some that are short enough, since the SS arms use up a bunch of the length. And to be honest, I'd almost prefer an insert/spring combo as opposed to coilovers. Oh well, the search continues.

1994 ST205 WRC

Thread Information