CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default List of parts needed

Hey, I need part numbers for 88 st165 clutch disc, pp, bearings (release and.. input shaft?). I guess I should check flywheel and its bolts, too.

While you're at it.. how bout brake rotors and pads all around..
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Oh hurray.. I also need a headlight bulb for a 2001 MR2 Spyder. Wiper blades for the same (not just the insert, the whole blade, someone put aftermarkets on it)
    Last edited by T-spoon; 01-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Had a couple of questions and comments on this...

Did you mean to say input shaft bearing or pilot bearing? There actually isn't a pilot bearing on these cars, so I listed the input shaft bearing just in case, but it sounded a little unusual.

I added pressure plate bolts, and figured if you were pulling the flywheel you'd want to replace the rear main seal, so that is here too.

Added brake shim kits (the anti-squeal shims behind the backing plates) and fitting kits (the anti-rattle pieces at the end of each pad backing plate) since they are typically missing or damaged.

That headlight bulb is just an H4 (a.k.a. 9003) which you can get anywhere if you don't feel like paying extra for the Toyota box.

Here's the list:
    31250-20140-84 - clutch disc
    31210-33022 - clutch pressure plate
    31230-20170 - clutch throwout bearing
    90119-08079 - pressure plate bolt (6 req'd)
    90365-30023 - front input shaft bearing
    13405-74040 - flywheel
    90105-10071 - flywheel bolt (8 req'd)
    90080-31021 - rear main seal
    43512-20190 - front brake rotor (2 req'd)
    04465-20430 - front brake pad set
    04945-20130 - front brake pad anti-squeal shim kit
    04947-20050 - front brake pad fitting kit
    42431-20100 - rear brake rotor (2 req'd)
    04466-33010 - rear brake pad set
    04946-32040 - rear brake pad anti-squeal shim kit
    04948-32020 - rear brake pad fitting kit
    90084-98033 - headlight bulb
    85212-53051 - wiper blade, RH (passenger)
    85222-52131 - wiper blade, LH (driver)

Thanks for your patience! Let me know if there's anything else you need to look at.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Thanks. Yeah, I meant pilot, but if there isn't one that's dandy. Rear Main is a good call too. I did already replace the headlight bulb, but I may get a pair from Toyota just to replace both if one or the other of the current goes out.

Ugh, after looking at the price for that stuff, I think I just want to push the alltrac off a bridge.
    Last edited by T-spoon; 01-07-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    –verb (used with object)

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Ugh, after looking at the price for that stuff, I think I just want to push the alltrac off a bridge.
    Now now, let's not be hasty. Besides, bridges have guardrails...makes it hard to push cars off.

You probably won't need the flywheel, so that's a chunk of money back in your pocket, and frankly I think you can get some pretty decent brake rotors for less money if you shop around a little. Toyota is very fond of their brake rotors. The rest of it isn't (by our standards) all that horrible.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Get your brake rotors from Napa if you dont wanna pay for yoter ones. Also I highly doubt you need a new flywheel as well.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Oh, I know that, and I don't know the brake rotor history, they could be turnable too. I just always go for the worst case scenario so I don't get upsetting surprises later
    –verb (used with object)

Thread Information