CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Masani

My project, 1992 Celica ST (AT180) 214,500 miles.
    "So far, Masani is almost as stock as when I got it. I had many plans for this car, but when my job fell through all mod projects screeched to a halt. Then, with my new somewhat decent paying job, the pace has picked up to a slow crawl. The cylinder head that came with the car was extremely corroded and had to be replaced as a number of issues resulted from years of only putting water in the radiator. (Previous owner's mistake) "

What I've done so far:
    -Cold-air intake
    -Custom HKS exhaust with an Evo X resonator.
    -Complete AC delete
    -Antenna hole bondo'd
    -Lining removed
    -Passenger seat removed
    -Stock speakers removed
    -Center console, glove-compartment removed
    -GT-S rims
    -2" lowering springs
    -Smoked tail, side and signal lights
    -Replaced headlights, ultra blue H4
    -Engine rebuild (Top end)

Updates to follow...
    Last edited by Masani; 08-19-2011 at 07:03 AM.

got any pictures to go along with this story?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Ya, just have to get the cable for the phone. Should be up tomorrow if I find it soon enough.

PHOTOS!

Antenna hole

Passenger side dash

Cabin from passenger side ( excuse the mess, thnx)

Partial view (Sorry, Kia in the way. )

Left side - Lower

Right side - Lower

Trunk - Inside

Muffler

Much progress has been made since I set about fixing up little Masani. So far my monthly ebay bill has averaged about 230 USD a month. Not including purchases made via craigslist and RockAuto.
    Well, let's begin...

All interior paneling cleaned and painted

New calipers, drilled and slotted rotors.

cold-air intake

headlights replaced

Smoked taillights

New head, valves, valves springs, cams and so on.

Smoked signals

Here begins the wrap section..

Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap of headlights

CF gas hatch

CF steering column

CF instrument bezel

Vinyl interior trim

I've also replaced injector seals, replaced distributor cap, rotor and sparkplug wires, replaced the OEM header, and a few other things. Nothing too huge. As soon as the new seat and motor mount get in, i'm gutting my exhaust, replacing the oxy sensor,
    maybe replacing the entire exhaust system.
    "FOCUS ON THE CAR... high school girls can be expensive =P" - Anonymous, Toyota Celica Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Find me on FaceBook!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Is that 3m di-noc??
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    Is that 3m di-noc??
    Yessum
    "FOCUS ON THE CAR... high school girls can be expensive =P" - Anonymous, Toyota Celica Forums

Find me on FaceBook!

So, I've been working on designs for my vehicle wrap. So far I have received sponsorship from my work (Pacific Sign and Design) and video game company Majesco. I've gone through three or four drafts and I'm still not settled on a design yet. At the moment I'm going with a half-design, half-Di-noc idea.

First draft:

This draft was not received well. It was a simple two-color set up loosely based on a wrap I saw on an Evo X in Dsport magazine.
    Draft 2:

This and the first draft were put together using an image of a Celica GT that I pulled off of Google. So neither were a good representation of the final result. Started to use the images provided by Majesco.

Draft 3:

I dumped the streaked design and started going for a black-based background. Considering using Blakc Di-noc Carbon fiber as the "black" background layer.

Draft 4:

I found some splatter brushes for CS3. The hood of the car and the fenders are CF, not that you can see them here. Tint now fades from black to red.

Find me on FaceBook!

Thread Information