CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Default My Christmas present to myself...

I have four cars - and a one car garage.

Of these four cars, which are all Celicas, three of them are "keepers" and one is for parts.

I will be needing to really get my hands dirty after the holidays - as I have to pull some engines.

I had some big ideas about putting up a beam in my garage and buying an electric hoist - but at this point am thinking a simple engine hoist on wheels would be better in the long run.

This is what I am thinking about getting - what do you all think about it?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5213_200305213
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

you can get them cheaper at harbor freight and there just as good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by 187flatliner View Post
    you can get them cheaper at harbor freight and there just as good.
    Well - I have always used harbor freight for air tools and such in the past - but don't see where they have anything close to that price point with an included load leveler - and keeping in mind that with Northern Tool I have a local outlet so I won't have any shipping charges - I can just go pick the thing up locally and see it before I buy it.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Northern Tool is basically the same as Harbor Freight.

That'll do fine. That's the one I had when I pulled my engines and shit. I need to buy a new one though.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

was just stating.....i love harbor freight, i just figured you had one locally.......i love to take the broken tools back and no question asked get it replaced.

I have that very same hoist. Ive pulled several motors with it. I picked mine up off CL for half the price of new with some extra chains and hooks etc. That will do everything you want it to do and more.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    I have that very same hoist. Ive pulled several motors with it. I picked mine up off CL for half the price of new with some extra chains and hooks etc. That will do everything you want it to do and more.
    That's a good idea to look at CL for a used one - I'm gonna try that out as "'tis the season when people need money".

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

One of these will fit in my garage. I thought it'd be more expensive than that though... http://www.americanautomotiveequipme...P9A-p/tp9a.htm
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I do not like 2 post lifts...

4 post are much more hassle free.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I have 30ft ceilings in my shop, I would blow Elvises corpse for a lift.

ok, maybe stepped into an odd little zone just then...
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by klapa View Post
    That's a good idea to look at CL for a used one - I'm gonna try that out as "'tis the season when people need money".
    Craigslist is always the first place I look for stuff like that. A lot of times people buy one, pull one engine, and don't ever use it again so they just want to get rid of it.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    I have 30ft ceilings in my shop, I would blow Elvises corpse for a lift.

ok, maybe stepped into an odd little zone just then...

yepper you sure did.........<<<^^^^^^^ EVERYONE PLEASE STEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

^LMAO

Thread just got a little weird. But then again, this is Celicatech.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Thread Information