CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ae86 PN request

Default ae86 PN request

I think I'll try this here instead of mr2oc.

86 rwd corolla GTS,

Driveshaft carrier bearing.

Power steering/AC idler/tensioner pulley or just the bearing.

Rear disc brake hardware kit.
    Rear Caliper repair kit that includes everything not just the hydraulic parts.

Can you please include the pic from the EPC regarding the rear brake hardware? I Have no HW in my rear brakes at all. They are making a terrible racket.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanlarry View Post
    Driveshaft carrier bearing.
    That is 37230-12050.

Power steering/AC idler/tensioner pulley or just the bearing.
    Toyota only sells it as a complete idler, under part number 44350-12030. I was able to find a replacement bearing online many years ago by matching the dimensions, but it has been way too long for me to remember where I got it or what those dimensions were. The best I can do is to say that I believe it was also used as a rear axle bearing for some sort of ATV.

Rear disc brake hardware kit.
    Rear Caliper repair kit that includes everything not just the hydraulic parts.
    You'll need a shim kit 04946-14010 (illustrated as 04946), a fitting kit 04948-12010 (illustrated as 04948), and if you want to actually rebuild the calipers, you'll need one rebuild kit, part number 04479-12110 (illustrated as 04479A).

Can you please include the pic from the EPC regarding the rear brake hardware? I Have no HW in my rear brakes at all. They are making a terrible racket.
    Sure, that's no problem. Just be aware that, as the note on the pic indicates, the illustrations of the shim kit and fitting kit are not model-specific. They're showing you the type of parts that each kit contains. The drawings are not necessarily a depiction of the exact shape, position, or count of parts for that particular vehicle.

Everything is available to order, although the carrier bearing and idler pulley are in pretty short supply. Thanks for the inquiry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0494614010.GIF‎   0447912110.GIF‎  
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Since the carrier bearing is so much I started searching around about one piece driveshafts and the first thing that comes up is a post you made from 2002.

Any what are your thoughts on it? I could probably have one made locally. Or get one of the ones from c4ag.

I think mine was from an automatic '76 Corolla. I did have to use an aftermarket slip yoke because Toyota, as far as I could tell, never made a slip yoke that had serviceable u-joints and fit the larger output shaft on the late TE7#/AE8# T50s. My driveline shop of choice has no trouble picking the slip yoke out of their catalog. Powertrain Industries part #2303-22 if we are correct:
    https://www.powertrainindustries.com...smission+Yokes
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Never had any pinion angle or vibration issue?

No, none. The car now belongs to wolfgangstbd on club4ag. He says it no longer has the one-piece driveshaft but I didn't find out why.

Thread Information