CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default "Square One" '88 GT-S ...Is A Car Ever "Finished"

OK, so this is a timeline of what I've done since February 2010. I picked this car up at a carlot in trade for a '95 Grand Prix and a little extra cash for tax & license....

Not much of a looker, but had potential..Not too long after, wheels, tires, and some JDM/Euro goodies were added....

The inrerior sucked, but I found a person in Canada that had all the stuff I needed to make it respectable...

Some more of the transition...

Then the lowering project...

Cleaned up the engine bay...

A couple months ago, a Jackass ran over my car in the parking lot at work...

Got it fixed, and this is how he sits at the moment, waiting to re-apply emblems...

More to come !!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 BILLION Chinese People Don't Even Know You Exist.... Think About It....

i was wondering when you would start a thread here......its not like the 30 page one over there but hey.......its a start. have you gotten around to appling them emblems yet?

also im headed up on saturday........ did you wanna meet up after work....pm me and ill get back with ya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Yea, I didn't feel like moving the whole damn thing over here....lol. As for hookin up, sure... I got the oldest grandkiddo staying the night Saturday nite, but I'll probably be out in the shop for a bit... Off of work at 5, I can have you meet me there if you are around by then...

pm me the address to your work and ill just meet you there. ill be leaving the show around 345 or so.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Finally got a halfway decent stretch of weather coming, so I got off my duff. I gave him a much needed bath, and re-striped the repair area along with re-applying the side decals....

He was very happy....

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Very clean GT-S. Love to see a car kept looking stockish.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Those are my wheels bitch!

LOL jk. What kind of wheels are those? Mine are ALT Sevens. What choo got?
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    What kind of wheels are those? Mine are ALT Sevens. What choo got?
    Motegi FF7's I believe? I gotta look again at the model number... 16x7's...

Damn weather...Ah, well...Gettin the itch I am....

Rick, you have one of the few ST162s I respect. Always looks nice, buddy.
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by RedRkt01 View Post
    Rick, you have one of the few ST162s I respect. Always looks nice, buddy.
    Thanks !!! It does my heart and pocketbook good to hear...... Still thinking about one of those TRD DIN cubbys if you ever dig up one....

Depending on what I do with mine you may end up a benficiary............

Weather sucks !!!! I was bored, so I downloaded some photo editing software.... and did some dinkin around....

Kinda dorky, but I kinda like the software, and it's free to boot !!!!
    Last edited by Rickstar22; 03-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Well, it took a little over a year, but thanks to Flatliner, and an almost 8 hour round trip delivery to me, I finally got the matching front leather seats I've been looking for....

Not perfect, but nicer than most I've seen... Just nice to have the interior pretty much done now !!!!

Got one good day of weather in a row !!!!
    The el Nino weather took a toll, but still looking decent....

Got to brush up on some of the more advanced paint corrections on Detailing World's forums. Don't want to do a respray quite yet, as the paint still glimmers, just got beat up a little bit....

Do tell what you learned about the paint tips.....

Been a while... thought I'd throw a few pics in...

JWagner162, Flatliner187, and Me at PSTOF last summer....

Man, I just love the 4th gen GTS Hatchys, any it's great to see one thats been taken care of!

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

very nice
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Great pics Rick!!!

CAR Magazine January 1988 - "The celica happens to be about the best handling FWD car you can buy!"

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

props thats very nice lookin dood!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Nothing too much going on right now... So busy with work and jobs in the shop afterward, not a lot of time for anything else but eat and sleep. I was getting sooooooo tired of putting front tires on every three months, I decided to do something different. I went from 205-40-16's to 205-50-16's to reduce camber, and lessen the footprint. I kinda like it, no more huge gap in the fender wells, and seems to be a little less bumpy...lol

We'll see how well this turns out.......

Wow, that's possibly the prettiest Gen 4 I've seen.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Thread Information