CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hey man, we've gone to baxters a few times haven't we... it's nice cause it's open relatively late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

sloceli

I've been there a few times but the only thing I bought is that fucking goddamn wratchet set and the fucking wratchet stopped working after the first time I used the goddamn thing.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hahahahaha CHEAPO tools FTL...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Senior Member Disco Dan is on a distinguished road Disco Dan's Avatar

I bought a battery last year, somewhere around January of '05 from Autozone. After I did my engine swap, there was an issue with the alternator where it was draining the battery while the car was off. Before I figured this out, I literally had Autozone give me 5 (maybe 6) new batteries for free since the one I originally bought was still under warranty. They never asked any questions and were always cool about it. And the alternator I just bought for this new engine? Lifetime warranty. If it blows, I've got free replacements for life! When I've compared Autozone and Advance Auto side by side, I've noticed that Autozone usually has the more comprehensive warranties, which I used to not care about, but now that the engine I've got isn't stock, it makes all the difference.

Anyway, that's my 2.

If you are in Louisville, KY and need parts its always (1) Victory Imports, (2) Autozone in Middletown better counter people, (3) Oxmoor Toyota for parts only, but have vin number for the correct parts. Sweet deals on installation for suspension, brakes, and shafts, American Brake Centers, Hikes Lane, Bill Snyder honest and fair as the day is long. Bill only used toyo brake pads, and usually will get parts from the Bumper to Bumper Whse. in town .

What's up my Celica people,

Alright I know I got in on the bottom of this thread but for anyone who is reading I have a good tip for prices: SUMMIT RACING.

I have ordered off a couple of sites, and gone to many parts stores, but I have to agree with the word on the 'net boards, and that is that Summit racing has some NICE prices.

Take this for example:

I was looking at a battery relocation to trunk kit out of curiousity; the kit was made by ACCEL. So my first thought is, Autozone, they have the best prices right? Autozone's price for the ACCEL kit was 74.99, you can check their website. Then I looked at another web site, they had it for 69.75, and I was like, dang, they beat AUtozone!

THEN I looked at SUMMIT - guess how much the ACCEL kit was? ... 47.45. FOURTY SEVEN DOLLARS AND FOURTY FIVE CENTS. That's TWENTY SEVEN dollars cheaper than Autozone! Man, was I shocked to see that kit for that price.

Moral of the story: Give Summit Racing a check when you need to buy something. They are mostly for domestic applications, but for what they have they have some of the best prices I have ever seen.

Peace

Hi fellow celica ppl.. I from east coast Canada. The only places around here that carry celica parts is NAPA they have the odd stuff for brakes an such, but I think there part #'s are messed up waited 4 - 5 weeks for cross drilled and slotted rotors, after sending them back twice cause they were wrong!! besides them, Toyota dealership is the only other place that carries parts that I need.... Car quest is messed up with part #'s as well, got wrong fuel filter from them and distributor cap....Canadian Tire I will absolutley not deal with cause they Rip people off, and they have stopped carrying some celica parts... Dist cap and such. It just sucks having to buy from toyota when they charge soooo much for parts...

andysautosport.com sucks balls...they are nothing but a pain in the ass...i orderd a wings west spoiler for my celica in aug and in dec i still didnt have it...so i asked for a refund...they charged me a 30% restocking fee and then told me to wait for my refund to go through processing...im still waiting and its feb

wow. Yes, my autozone sux....all they told me was....thats a salvage item...why don't you just get a new car....Cause I like my celica ...
    after looking in 4 different salvage yards I found one with a near mint 92 celica that had front quarter damage....got it for $200 and will be shredding parts from it as needed. I got a new engine from a mechanic friend....2.2....lol fast enough for a ticket...lol.

Your engine bay is going to need a few mods to bolt in that 2.2
    It won't bolt up to your trans either.

But nothing wrong with swapping it in.

the mods wont be a problem..I hope. Any ideas of where I can get a diagram as to the mods required??

dont make fun of auto zone dude, they r the best, the place i get my stuff they r never wrong and its cheap, and they no EXACTLY wut i need, maybe thats because the manager knows me personally lol, but still

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Gawelko
    dont make fun of auto zone dude, they r the best, the place i get my stuff they r never wrong and its cheap, and they no EXACTLY wut i need, maybe thats because the manager knows me personally lol, but still
    ??????? Pics have what to do with thread ??? Apparently AutoZone doesn't carry shift knobs, eh ? Unless you're speaking internet-sarcasm-speak (hard to decipher in non-person...) What do I know ??? I mostly go for Toyota parts, using chain stores for wiper blades, a/c recharge, insignificant shat. I had to lol when I went to AutoZone and wanted the amber bulb equivelant of the oem clear bulbs for turns/sides.....sales dude : "Uhhh...no....they're not the same ... they're amber...you need clear" - this was after I got clear corners/side .... I explained, no, I want the amber bulbs because I have the clear lenses....sales dude : "You have to have clear lenses to use these bulbs..." I explained again that I indeed had clears, wanted amber bulbs.... sales dude : "Are you sure ? These won't work right with the original amber lenses..." I hate arguing with morons.. just answer my damn question, point me to what I need, and stfu !!! Sort of when we were auto shopping back in '05 .... told the sales dude at the local dealer I didn't want to test drive the XRS Corolla (was a-feared of falling in love with the VVTI-L ......however they abbreviated it) .... he proceeds to tell me that all '05 Corollas had the same engine !!!???!!! WTF ???!!!??? Morons....it's an epidemic in this great country, unfortunately. Hell, perhaps I should be selling new cars there - at least I have a working knowledge of what they're selling, and all.... Which is another reason I'm grateful for all the knowledgeable folks here at celicatech - likely THE greatest Celica resource on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelish
    ??????? Pics have what to do with thread ??? Apparently AutoZone doesn't carry shift knobs, eh ? Unless you're speaking internet-sarcasm-speak (hard to decipher in non-person...) What do I know ??? I mostly go for Toyota parts, using chain stores for wiper blades, a/c recharge, insignificant shat. I had to lol when I went to AutoZone and wanted the amber bulb equivelant of the oem clear bulbs for turns/sides.....sales dude : "Uhhh...no....they're not the same ... they're amber...you need clear" - this was after I got clear corners/side .... I explained, no, I want the amber bulbs because I have the clear lenses....sales dude : "You have to have clear lenses to use these bulbs..." I explained again that I indeed had clears, wanted amber bulbs.... sales dude : "Are you sure ? These won't work right with the original amber lenses..." I hate arguing with morons.. just answer my damn question, point me to what I need, and stfu !!! Sort of when we were auto shopping back in '05 .... told the sales dude at the local dealer I didn't want to test drive the XRS Corolla (was a-feared of falling in love with the VVTI-L ......however they abbreviated it) .... he proceeds to tell me that all '05 Corollas had the same engine !!!???!!! WTF ???!!!??? Morons....it's an epidemic in this great country, unfortunately. Hell, perhaps I should be selling new cars there - at least I have a working knowledge of what they're selling, and all.... Which is another reason I'm grateful for all the knowledgeable folks here at celicatech - likely THE greatest Celica resource on the net

lol the pics r my signiture, and i hav a shifter knob, i just dont have a 1/2 tap and dye set or it would be on there, and they have computers that hire people now so u cant blame the store if they have incompetent workers!!! BTU usually u get that one guy who knows wut ur talking botu and its all GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Gawelko
    lol the pics r my signiture, and i hav a shifter knob, i just dont have a 1/2 tap and dye set or it would be on there, and they have computers that hire people now so u cant blame the store if they have incompetent workers!!! BTU usually u get that one guy who knows wut ur talking botu and its all GOOD
    lol .... sorry, man, no offense intended, didn't realize pics were yer siggie ...... it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelish
    lol .... sorry, man, no offense intended, didn't realize pics were yer siggie ...... it's all good

i no its all good, i no my car looks like shit, but i like it and i dont care wut people think of it lol

Not sure if it is the right thread, but on auto parts places.

What are the better online places you use for aftermarket parts for the Celica.
    Normal repair and upgrades. For say brakes, suspension, engine?
    www.greywinds.com

Napa is the best place besides for Toyota for parts, in my honest opinion.

As for an online store, I've purchased many items from www.car-stuff.com, and they've been awesome. I've never had a problem from them, and I've ordered shocks, brake pads, and brake rotors from them. They're who I go to for some stuff besides Toyota.

-Matt
    -Matt, 95' GT Hatch

I mostly buy online. I used to buy at whslparts.com (taylor automotive) but they've gotten more expensive than autopartswarehouse. I now shop either autopartswarehouse (OEM) or 1sttoyotaparts (genuine toyota). There are OE parts that I found more expensive at autopartswarehouse than genuine parts at 1sttoyota. I compare before I buy and of course I weigh out the shipping charge, too.

Yea, Autozone is horrible for odd parts, great for deals and advice though...I had to replace my CV boots and they gave me the wrong one, and all they had in stock was the same wrong one with different brands on it. The people there are really friendly and helpful though.
    I then went to NAPA, they're pretty much awesome but slightly more expensive. However, the extra money you pay is for the better quality and service .
    C/S/K is really good too, and Pep Boys isnt' too bad either, though the people at Pep Boys are really retarded - I called in for a CV boot and they said they had it in stock, well, I went in to buy it and the guy says that it isn't in stock, and the part the guy said was in stock was for the passenger side, not driver side. Really frustrating when I'm trying to finish an engine swap on time.
    I've also bought from carpartswholesale . com and rockauto . com, both ship really fast and have great prices, though the certainty of what you're getting isn't as great as in person; if you know what you need it isn't hard.

That's my two cents

Junior Member lilsticcup is on a distinguished road

i'd have to say kragen. in my area kragen has about everything i need and they are like 2-3 times cheaper than autozone, everytime i used to go to autozone, i went because there is 1 on like every corner, they would usually have the part i need but never for my car, and if they did it would be at an outrageous price, but kragen on the other hand, isnt very close but they always seem to have what i need and they were way cheaper than autozone prices, id rather travel a litle further to save a good 10-20 bucks
    GOT MY TANK TOP, TOP DOWN, IT PROLLY AINT SUMMER
    BUT I RIDE LIKE THAT CUZ IM HOTTER THAN THE OTHERS - LIL WAYNE

1989 Celica GT convertible... new pics with the new paint job coming soon

advanced- for simple stuff they are ok, not the best but they arent the worst either.
    autozone- they are ok as well but i dont like them as much because they ask you 3 times what year, make, model, engine you have.
    napa- they are usually knowledgeable, reasonably priced and helpful.
    my favorite is carquest. our carquest is family owned and these guys are smart. they also have a lot of performance parts and stereo equipment. and all of it is reasonably priced.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Monkey with a screwdriver kungFUBAR is on a distinguished road kungFUBAR's Avatar
    kungFUBAR has been to an annual Dragon Meet! kungFUBAR has donated to the forums!

Images

I like the Autozone near me, it's full of cool old retired mechanics. You really have to know what to look for with their remanufactured stuff, it can be pretty hit or miss and Valuecraft = FAIL.

However, the O'rielly right next door is full of all the ricer morons I went to high school with. So i'm kind of biased. I HAVE had better luck with the Borg-Warner stuff from them than the Bosch parts from AZ though.

The Napa here is good for some things, like turn signals bulbs for a new accord (mom's car) and a lot of heavier duty truck parts. But you DEFINITELY pay for the convenience they offer.

Never dealt with Advance, though i drive right by them to get to the other 3
    Remember kids, speed kills. So do forks.

It's a work in progress...Dragon 2011 2012?

rock auto is pretty good for buying online, i personally think that they offer the best price over many other internet store.
    but i like to go to a local store to order parts, cos sometimes when you get wrong part you can just go there and replaced, no shipping fee and waiting and all that crap.
    i live in canada and in my city there are three PartSource stores and they are have guys that know cars too, its helpful.
    small stuff like filters and such canadian tire carry them for less and sometimes they give them for free with purchase of oil.
    many small parts, (like IAC valve gasket) i just have to get it from toyota cos no one else carry them, and they are cheap just a few bucks. but big parts are expensive, toyota carry a passenger side drive axle half assembly for about 500 bux which is rediculous, lol.

I know that after my little fiasco of this past weekend I probably won't be buying major parts from anyone other than Toyota. I'll probably have to try finding stuff at the junkyard as well. 4 different Autozones and 3 bad alternators later. The car has a new Walmart battery: 6/08 which WalMart swears is good. The Outcome: Got to work and now the car won't start. The battery is showing 12 volts. The Alternator is putting out 13 or so volts.

Dragon Slayer!

Thread Information