CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Monkey with a screwdriver kungFUBAR is on a distinguished road kungFUBAR's Avatar
    kungFUBAR has been to an annual Dragon Meet! kungFUBAR has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mafix View Post
    do enlighten me on these HID only housings though. it'll be interesting to see what those are.
    There are two types really. The first one is basically an HID projector mounted in a housing the size of the sealed beam, like this:

The other type looks like the sealed beam, but the lens is specially designed for the higher output, like these:
    Remember kids, speed kills. So do forks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's a work in progress...Dragon 2011 2012?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

projectors for our cars make me laugh.
    and the second set looks nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

wheres the second pic/product located? i want some HIDs, but i want a GOOD set. reccomendations?
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Quote Originally Posted by kungFUBAR View Post

Just say NO to anything that looks like that. Not

I think these are the ones I have.... I don't have any problem with them. I've had them for atleast 1.5 yrs too. When I installed them it was foggy so that helped me get them pointed correct. They only cost me $17 shipped on eBay too. I just removed that dumb little bulb on the bottom area and patched it up. My car had the 1 piece ugly ass sealed units before I got these

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

As has been stated already, if those are the plastic lens ebay lights they are BLINDING the crap out of people coming towards you. I bet you get high beam flashed alot even when you are in low beam?

I went ahead and got a set of those Autopal euro's with the standard white 60/55 bulbs. I'll give an opinion on them when i get them installed.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    I think these are the ones I have.... I don't have any problem with them. I've had them for atleast 1.5 yrs too. When I installed them it was foggy so that helped me get them pointed correct. They only cost me $17 shipped on eBay too. I just removed that dumb little bulb on the bottom area and patched it up. My car had the 1 piece ugly ass sealed units before I got these
    Yeah, I tried those out, attracted to their price...

Try them against a blank concrete wall. They cast a pattern like a dining room chandelier. They have all these blind areas with wash outs from glare. They are a cheap gimmick without any real engineering. Please toss them for your own safety, if not for ours.

The lense on my headlights feel like glass and not plastic like you say. Now that I think of it I have been flashed by other drivers in the past and never thought of it. I'll check on my garage door and see what you mean. I've always thought they were ok since they produce enough light for me. I saw somebody with a MR2 (I think) install actual hid projectors on a housing set like the ones I have and it worked great. I still have the slim denso ballast from my other car so mabey I'll look into that. Actual tsx/s2000 hid projectors,bulbs and ballast look sweet!

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

I have seen plastic ones as well. The benefit over the cheap glass ones, is you know that is low grade glass. Part of the reason the housing is cheap, is they use thin, low grade glass to maintain a clear lens. It doesn't take a whole lot to shatter one.

The other thing I hated about the housing design is that "city light". You'll notice a lot of housings project light from the lower half of the housing. The interruption from the "city light" can only add to the glare by disrupting a crucial area of the geometry in the reflector. Add in the fact that you have another opening to allow in moisture, and you can run into some issues in heavy California fog.

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

Awww man $600 for these?

Quote Originally Posted by kungFUBAR View Post
    There are two types really. The first one is basically an HID projector mounted in a housing the size of the sealed beam, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by acidice333 View Post
    Awww man $600 for these?
    Damn you can buy a nice demolition derby car for that price

these are my lights at 8 feet mabey? They aren't as bad as I thought idk for $17 for bulbs and housings and 1.5 yrs+ I'm happy but that's just me

^^ decent cut off but look at all those rainbows!

so no pictures to show but I got my Autopal's installed and adjusted. Im please with them for the price. They are definately an improvement over standard sealed beams. The Low beams are significantly better than stock. The only complaint is a slightly odd/uneven pattern for the high beams. These will do for now. I plan to upgrade my factory fogs to yellow h3 as well and rewire for selectable "always on"

I'll see if I can grab a picture of the pattern in the next day or two.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

I use Autopals with 8000K Brite white bulbs. Not blinding to oncoming drivers, but have improved my night sight greatly.... The best alternative IMO....

3 BILLION Chinese People Don't Even Know You Exist.... Think About It....

You guys have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstar22 View Post
    I use Autopals with 8000K Brite white bulbs. Not blinding to oncoming drivers, but have improved my night sight greatly.... The best alternative IMO....
    whered you get the bulbs/ballast?

im looking for a good HID setup.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Thread Information