CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 91 GTS Seat - Upper Frame Bracket

Hey guys,

I had the misfortune of my seat breaking on me last night. The upper frame on the driver's seat is broken. Looks like the last owner busted it and then welded it together. The part I am looking to replace goes into the lower assembly and comes out of the spring loaded pivot. It is the frame that sits closest to the center console, not the door.

I wanted to know if there was a replacement bracket, or if I was up shit creek, and needed to just go hunting for a new seat. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yikes, that sounds like a headache and a half. It's not terribly clear yet what part exactly you need, but it sounds to me like the broken part is the horn that pivots off the lower frame, marked 72022 in the second attached pic. The full part number for that little animal is 72022-20120. The upper frame itself is marked 71630S in the first pic; part number on that guy is 71630-20620. They are both discontinued and there is no stock left. If the failure is in either of those parts, you're either repairing your frame or shopping for a good donor seat to cannibalize for parts.

Here are the pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	st18seat1.GIF
Views:	3
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	2892
    Click image for larger version

Name:	st18seat2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2893

Let me know if I am off base and we will take another swing at this.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Awesome, that helped a bunch. Just wanted to make sure any seat would work as a donor. THANKS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, not just any #T18# seat - to get that one it's gonna need to be an ST184 (GT-S) or an AT180 (ST) with vertical adjustment.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Thread Information