CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 165 afm on 185?

Default 165 afm on 185?

Hey everyone, I'm almost done with my 185 swap into my 165. The car originally had 165 electronics, so it was fine with the 165 afm...the 165 has 7 prongs but the plug on the 185 uses 4. Does anyone have a comparison chart. To see if I can possibly repin my plug to work with the 165 afm? Or what should I do? I'm on a budget if anyone happens to have a 185 afm id buy it ONLY if I can't use my 165 by repinning. (If that's what it needs)
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You can use it. Should be plug and play as far as the pinning. I have read threads on AT.net where people have used them with no problems. Just plug it up and go. If you was trying to use the 185 AFM with 165 electronics it would be more difficult because the fuel pump relay is activated through the 165 AFM. FC and E1 are not used with the 185 setup.

ST165 AFM

ST185 AFM
    Last edited by Hookecho; 11-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

perfect! exactly the answer i was looking for! phew. good to know.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Thread Information