CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Part availability check

It seems the turbo oil feed and return gaskets for the st165 aren't sold individually outside of the turbo gasket kit now. Is this true or can you get them? I already have the rest of the kit and only need those two little buggers (their group numbers are 15471 and 15526) .
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

I emailed Aaron for ya.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I'm very sorry to keep you waiting. I thought I was subscribed to anything that was published to the Lithia forum, but I must have been wrong.

Both those gaskets are still available. Did someone tell you otherwise? They're not exactly abundant, but they exist, and there's no reason we can't get them. Part numbers are 15471-88341 and 15526-88380 repsectively.

Thanks for providing those PNCs, too. These particular parts are easy enough, but having a PNC can really help identify the weird, hard-to-describe stuff. Very cool, very helpful!
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Cool, thanks for checking. I'll call and order them. I was also wanting the two studs that secure the oil return hardline to the turbo housing. I took a look at the turbo blowup on an EPC that a parts guy emailed me and could not locate them myself either. It's almost as if they just come with the turbo itself which would be a bit odd but I guess possible. The two nuts are clearly shown but not the studs. Those would be handy if you could locate'm.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Just go to their website spoony.

www.lithiatoyotaparts.com
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thanks for the order!

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    I was also wanting the two studs that secure the oil return hardline to the turbo housing. I took a look at the turbo blowup on an EPC that a parts guy emailed me and could not locate them myself either. It's almost as if they just come with the turbo itself which would be a bit odd but I guess possible.
    The studs are available separately - they're just shown on a different page. They are on the same page as the turbocharger itself, highlighted in the attached pic as PNC 17021A. The part number on the studs is 90116-08158 and your cost is $1.25 each. I can add them to your gasket order if you need them.

Here's the page from the EPC if you want to take a look: Click image for larger version

Name:	st165turbo.GIF
Views:	4
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	2891
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Gotcha, I've been trying to get parts from a friend of mine (former co-worker at Champion Toyota), but honestly he's a truck/offroad guy and isn't as comfortable trying to find these parts If you could add them to that order that'd be great. Out of curiosity and for planning purposes, what is availability like for these parts? Stuff that can ship out tomorrow or is it coming from somewhere like Ontario?
    –verb (used with object)

There's one stud in Portland and one in Los Angeles, so we won't have that second stud until Tuesday or Wednesday. That's about the same timeframe as the gaskets already on order for you, so the studs won't delay the order more than a day if at all. I'll go ahead and add them. Thank you sir!

Alrighty, thanks
    –verb (used with object)

No problem!

Thread Information