CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 180km/hr vs 260km/hr clusters

Im fed up with my cable driven speedo and need new parts so instead i want to convert it to elecronic speedo.

So i have the guage cluster and speed sensor from my rc clip, the plan was to just put those in and swap my mph guage face onto the rc cluster but this cluster only goes to 180km/hr which is barely over 100mph so it wont match up with the us numbers. I dont know why they put such a low speedometer on a rc when i have seen most gt4s with 260km/hr speedos.

So my question is to make a electric speedo work with my 160mph guage face do i need a electric 260km/hr cluster and a matching speed sensor, or just the cluster, or just the speed sensor?
    Last edited by junctrac; 11-03-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Junior Member tubasteve is on a distinguished road

ive got the same problem. needs to be rewired to work with the jdm vs usdm. the gas and rpm on the clusters are on the other sides as well is as to why. an idea that ive had is custome design the gauge face to work.
    HUGE MEET SATURDAY JUNE 26TH AT THE INN N OUT IN MURRIETA !!! BE THERE!!!! for more info pm me!!!
    6:30 pm

I have a jdm 180km speedo (electronic sensor) in my RC. i scooped up an Aussie 260km speedo cluster of ebay. they are electronic too not cable mech. All works fine. I actually used my jdm cluster and just replaced the center speedo guts because a couple of the warning lights were different and just transplanted my odo tumblers so i didn't have to reset the odo.

Thread Information