CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 90 gt-four st185 jdm turbo upgrade

i was wondering what kind of turbo upgrade can i put in the car that is pretty much bolt on...

thanks in advance...

a pure bolt on upgrade?

Your best bet is sending it off and having your CT26 upgraded. Alot of people like the 57 trim or 60-1 upgrades.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

A Supra CT26. If you have an ST185 you'll want to use your exhaust housing though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I <3 my CT20b.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I'm going to have to disagree with Facime and Alltracman.

Your options depend on your budget.

You can probably find a CT20b for about $500-600. It is a great turbo, I love mine.

For a freshly rebuilt option with a warranty, the CT27 is a great turbo from ATSRacing.net. Cost is $800 after you send them in your core.

I'd recommend one of those two for a basic but satisfying upgrade.

From there, you can go for bigger kit, prices will range from $1000 (used) to $2500 new, with power levels getting you to almost any goal.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

he said bolt on...I gave him the only true bolt on (In my mind I was thinking unbolt one turbo, bolt on the other, ruling out manifolds, fuel system upgrades etc. to support the increased boost) upgrade option.
    and while that does then include a 20b, you didnt actually disagree with me since the 27 is exactly what I recommended, an upgraded 26.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

hehe...sort of. The modification of the hot side on a CT27 suits the larger compressor wheel much better than doing the comp wheel on it's own. Previously I had a 50 trim CT26 and was not overly impressed with the performance.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Also to add, a rebuilt to your CT26 will cost more than finding a CT20b, so that's the route I'd go. It's an awesome turbo, I've enjoyed mine.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Hey Chris do you have any comparison specs on the 20b vs the 26. (inducer/exducer, A/R, etc.) Also is that a direct bolt on to a 2nd gen twin scroll set up. (you know I just modded my 1G to take the 2G)
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

thanks guys , it's really appreciated !!!

where can i find an ct20b? and is it pretty much bolt on? nothing big has to be done, since my budget isn't the biggest ...

appreciate the help guys!

Images

Best bet for CT20b is mr2oc.com forums. Usually a few there.

As for specs not handy, I'd have to dig to find them...but I think you'd only be able to find wheel size and not A/R info. Toyota never released that info afaik. But from dyno comparisons, there is a big difference between the two.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Keep in mind buying a CT20B means you're buying a used turbo of unknown age and remaining life. I bought one off ebay and found that the "minimal shaft play" advertised was in fact 0.026", so I sent it back.
    http://http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/vie...hp?f=4&t=29967

Thread Information