CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Coolant change ?'s 2000 GTS

Want to change coolant and I noticed that the coolant is pink.

1 Can you use any coolant and recc. ratio and capicity?

2 I only looked quickly but there was a sticker under the hood that looked like several different steps to disconnect hoses etc.

3 Do any of you guys run Wetter Water or any other additives in your coolant?

Thanx in advance...

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Capacity is 5.8 litres. (about 1.5 gal)

Whatever coolant you use should be an ethylene-glycol base. Most of us prefer "the red stuff not the green stuff". If you want to go more expensive than that, it's your choice.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Like Seth said do use red. Something in he green (silicate?) has ill effects on the cooling system.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

yes, use the red and mix it 50 50 with distilled water. or buy the premixed pink. either way i would take the draincock out and let it drain for a while. then unbolt the coolant tank and drain it too. dont bolt it back up because the you will need to set it on the hood latch to bleed the air out of it.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Yes only use the toyota red or pink coolant. water wetter is ok to use. i use it in my 7th gen race car. bleeding the air out of the system is very tedeious and requires patience. next time i do it ill make a video of my un-orthodox way.

Jack the front of the car up as high as you can. fill the resivoir. then what i do is blow into the resivoir. that forces the water into the system. keep refilling and blowing untill it seems like it wont take any more. run the engine and and massage the coolant hoses. turn the heater on full blast. then occasionally crack open the bleeder valve (small plug) on the resivoir. once you have hot air coming through the heater, you are pretty much done.
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

i used a yellow one on mine
    is that bad?

Thanks for the info. Is the red available anywhere or does Toyota have something special?

the red stuff is from toyota its a bit expensive but its the best!

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

yeallow is not as good as red. not gonna say it wont work though.

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Red...-Up%20Coolant/

Same as the Toyota red and pink.

The Toyota red is only supposed to be used on aluminum radiator. So I would advise against using it on an older car unless you've upgraded your radiator.

It doesn't react well with copper/brass. Also don't mix the red with any other coolant, unless the old was red as well. Just do a full flush.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Wait, Toyota's pink is their Super Long Life Coolant, as opposed to the red Long Life Coolant as I understood things -- with 160K on initial change and 80K for subsequent changes.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

pink is just premixes with water

Images

yeah, the red turns pink when mixed with water. use distilled water though.

No.

The red and pink are 2 different coolants.

Red is 30k mile change and needs to be mixed with water.
    Pink is 100k mile change [every 50k after that] and is pre mixed.

Be careful if you buy non Toyota coolant. The color means nothing, it's just a dye added to the coolant.
    Toyota coolant has little to no silicates in it, most other coolants have silicates.
    Toyota says silicates damage water pump seals, though with the way thier water pumps leak I don't think using a coolant without silicates makes much of a difference.
    The other nice thing about Toyota coolant is it leaves a heavy pink residue when it dries, so you can see where it's leaking from.

Thread Information