CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I start engine without ...

Can I start engine without exhaust and intercooler?

just with 3''downpipe on turbo and direct throttle body opening

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice temperacerguy is just really nice

is this an ST205 or ST185? ST205 yes, ST185 no

i started my 185 the other day with out the inter cooler piping on it didn't seem to mind ( not drive just running)
    \
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

With stock Gen2 electronics, if it isnt sealed from the AFM to the throttle body, it should die.

On a Gen3, yeah, it will run with out anything on the throttle body.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

yep the difference is MAF vs MAP.

Also without the AFM connected the fuel pump wont run beyond "prime"
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

even a small intercooler/boost leak will stall.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

oh yeah i have a map on my 185 my bad
    \

Thread Information