CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default Wolfkatz TFFR and SFFR fuel rail install *with pics*

Well, this weekend I had a chance to play with some of Wolfkatz's new fuel rails. I was testing out their brand new top feed rail to see if it would clear the Alltrac engine hook (they had to make a special side feed rail for this). Turned out to be no problem at all.

I can't comment enough on the quality of the Wolfkatz parts. They include everything you need for the install, all bolts and fittings, and a detailed instruction set. Customer service is absolutely awesome too.

Here's a cool comparison pic. From top to bottom: Wolfkatz TFFR, ST165 stock TFFR, Wolfkatz SFFR, ST185 stock SFFR.

Here's some pics of the TFFR with the OEM FPR installed. Clears with plenty of room.

TFFR in position

Wolfkatz engraving

A closeup

The SFFR

Compared to the stocker

And the SFFR in preliminary position

The SFFR isn't completely installed yet. I hope to get some finished pics up very soon.

I learned a few things installing this rail for next time. The injector hold down plate need to be modded. I used a dremel and cut off the end that attached to the fuel supply hose. I also cut off the peice on the supply hose that bolted to this plate. It is also a good idea to trim a tiny bit off of the other end too. The spacers are a little tricky to deal with when you install the rail in place. Best bet is to tighten the fuel supply hose up first, and make sure that it doesnt get squeezed under the hold down plate. Then you can install the spacers without worrying they'll drop and land on the xfer case which is a nightmare as most alltrac owners know. I had to move the position of the cold start injector hose around to get it to fit, but it did in the end.

For those of you following my personal plans...

I've reverted back to the stock injectors. These once are cleaned and balanced and within 2cc of eachother. I am going with the wolfkatz rail so taht when I raise the fuel pressure above stock to get more out of these injectors, I won't have a massive pressure drop (the drop increases with pressure if i understand correct). This should allow me to run a safe injector duty cycle, and still be able to hold 275whp, if i get there. I will also be doing a race gas tune most likely as well.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As always great informaiton Chris.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

And one last one with the hold down plate installed. You can see the spacers there that I was talking about

1994 ST205 WRC

Hey Chris.

get me one of those bitches.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Chris:

Why not stay with the extra cushion in the 550's? I would assume that with the SMT6, you should be able to tune them to run well.

Images

luni. talk to garrett. he's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Chris:

Why not stay with the extra cushion in the 550's? I would assume that with the SMT6, you should be able to tune them to run well.
    I had some serious trouble getting my car to run on them. For whatever reason, the car simply wouldn't run. I could start, then it would promtly die after ~1 second. Couldn't alter fuel pressure, or play with the SMT6 to change it. I can't explain why it did this, I had everything hooked up properly. The injectors were the only thing I changed and it hasn't run since. So at least for now I'm going to stick with these injectors to at very least get it running again. I needed to take a few steps back...so I'll start by tuning on these. If I run out of room on them, I still have my 540's to give another shot.

1994 ST205 WRC

hmmm....strange. Good luck.

I just thought of something. Any chance those injectors are high and not low impedence?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    I just thought of something. Any chance those injectors are high and not low impedence?
    Nope, here's the test printout: http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchi..._flow_test.jpg

Strange indeed. If it still won't start with the stock injectors, then I'll know something is up.

1994 ST205 WRC

Chris,
    Thanks for the positive comments and the pictures. If we can help any of you out, feel free to look us up (email is the best).

Take it easy,

It was more of a joke Chris.

I dont need one yet.

Yet... lol.

Wolfkatz those rails look very nice though. Very top notch stuff. Im impressed.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Keep us updated, because this is in my future.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Thread Information